We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HK arriving at 16:00 not leaving until 11:30 a.m. On 11/10

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
47 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
HK arriving at 16:00 not leaving until 11:30 a.m. On 11/10

I have read the hkia faqs, and have a list of some interesting things. I wondered since we only have the evening hours to look around, should we book a dinner cruise, or is there somewhere to eat dinner where we can see the symphony of lights. Should we be on the ground or on the water for that? It appears that it starts at 20:00?

We would like to see a few things, but realize we are mostly only going to get a feel. I am guessing many things will be closed by evening?

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HK arriving at 16:00 not leaving until 11:30 a.m. On 11/10

It depends on what you consider to be 'most things'. You should consider going to the Peak - it is a must-see for excellent views, weather permitting, of HK. The Peak Tower opens and Peak Tram runs until quite late at night. Shops will be open, so, shopping is always an option. If you like want to go bargaining at the markets for some souvenirs, both Ladies Market and Temple Street Night Markets will be open until late as well.

If you see the Symphony of Lights on ground (on Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon-side for best view), you'll pay nothing, but do expect to pay if you want to be on water.

Edited: 25 October 2012, 04:03
Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
47 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HK arriving at 16:00 not leaving until 11:30 a.m. On 11/10

Thanks, we will be leaving after ten days in Bangkok, so I am sure I will be done with haggling and shopping. We just wanted to enjoy our last few hours, see a few things and have a nice dinner. We actually just realized the layover was that long and are now scrambling to make the best use of the time.

From a hotel standpoint, where would you suggest? I know the three that are close to the airport, but we could really stay somewhere else that would have easy airport access the next morning.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,403 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HK arriving at 16:00 not leaving until 11:30 a.m. On 11/10

It is better to stay in Hong Kong itself. The express train to the airport takes about half an hour, and 11.30am is not an especially early flight.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
47 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HK arriving at 16:00 not leaving until 11:30 a.m. On 11/10

Thank you so much. Would the Nathan Rd area be appropriate? Am looking on Agoda and it is just hard to tell what makes sense,. Since we just have a short time, we mainly need clean, private bathroom, decent. I checked the Salisbury YMCA online but it appears to be fully booked.

I was looking at the Novatel on Nathan Rd, based on other reading, also, but am open to advice.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HK arriving at 16:00 not leaving until 11:30 a.m. On 11/10

Let us know your budget range, as it is a bit difficult to offer any suggestions. Novotel is a solid option though.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
47 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HK arriving at 16:00 not leaving until 11:30 a.m. On 11/10

I am willing to go up to $150ish as it appears that there is not much under $100. I don't mind spending more, but it just seems ridiculous since we will be out and about and will only sleep, shower and leave.

7. Re: HK arriving at 16:00 not leaving until 11:30 a.m. On 11/10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 10:17