We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The peak outlook restaurant

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
231 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
The peak outlook restaurant

Hi,

I heard raves about this restaurant as well as the rather expensive food prices too. But how expensive is the food there? Anyone can give me a rough estimate for a main dish? Like some pasta or burger or whatever they have.

Thanks!

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,793 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The peak outlook restaurant

You can check out it's menu online:

http://www.thepeaklookout.com.hk/

I like it, but I wouldn't be "raving" about it. According to TA review, menu prices are from $10 to $15 (USD, I assume).

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The peak outlook restaurant

Openrice review:

www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm…

$10 to $15 seems kind of low. I think the average dish would be double that.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The peak outlook restaurant

I agree with Glacierfed. USD $10 to $15, you can buy one drink.

The Openrice page rated it at HKD $301 - $500. I think that is about right. IIRC, last time I looked at their menu a couple of years ago, most items on the menu are in the HKD $100 - $200 range.

It is a garden setting. On the non-view side of The Peak. So don't expect to be able to see the view of Victoria Harbour from the "Lookout". :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,402 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The peak outlook restaurant

The setting is quite nice even though it has no views. I haven't gone there in years now, but the best item on the menu is actually the chocolate fondant dessert. Many places make this dessert in the city these days, but Peak Lookout really is still one of the best. General quality-wise, it's above average overall, but a notch above Cafe Deco which serves a similar menu with a view.

I would say the average meal should cost around $400 per person, depending on drinks and how many courses you order.

Overall, it's really not a "must-go" kind of place. The ambiance is nice though.

singapore
Level Contributor
231 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The peak outlook restaurant

Thanks for all your input! I'm less willing to go there now =| is there a restaurant in Victoria peak that's good for overlooking (or maybe jus good scenary for a change) and the prices not being so steep? $200 at most for a main?

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The peak outlook restaurant

There are only 4 "view" restaurants inside "The Peak" structure, plus Cafe Deco that Sammy mentioned in #4, and Tsui Wah (underneath Cafe Deco). Tsui Wah is a Hong Kong style "cha chan tieng" set up. Only a couple of tables at the far corner towards the back of the restaurant can see a little bit of view. But prices are quite reasonable. All other restaurants: prices a bit higher.

Bubba Gump - the view is good. Food is in the okay scale. It will be within the range that you are looking for. The other three inside The Peak may be higher.

http://www.thepeak.com.hk/en/4_2.asp

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,218 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The peak outlook restaurant

We had dinner at Bubba Gump about 10 days ago. Two courses for one and three for the other, plus a couple of drinks came to HKD786. Serving sizes were huge, luckily the waitress advised us against ordering the salad we asked for. If we had known how big the servings were we probably would have just had the first course each and shared the second. So I think this would fall into your price range. Food was tasty if not outstanding.

Edited: 16 November 2012, 04:04
singapore
Level Contributor
231 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The peak outlook restaurant

Thanks! I actually tried bubba gump in NY and loved it! Would be nice to eat it in the peak. Do you know how I can make a reservation without calling (to avoid the long distance charges)?

Or would it be unnecessary to make a reservation?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,218 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The peak outlook restaurant

We were just walk-ins and got a table by the window, but we went at about 8.30pm. I imagine if you wanted to guarantee a window table (it's a very large place with a lot of non-window tables) you could try going to this website

http://www.bubbagump.com/locations/hong-kong/

and clicking on Sales Manager Sally Cheung's name and emailing her.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The peak outlook restaurant

Reservation is advisable, if they take it (I can't recall if they do or not). If no reservation, may need to wait a bit. You can call when you get to Hong Kong.

http://www.thepeak.com.hk/en/4_2_4.asp