We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Prices in HK

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Prices in HK

I havent been back to Hong Kong for a couple of years, but am intending to to make a trip later in the year.

Having done some research, I am amazed at how much hotel prices have increased. As an example, my last trip to HK, back in 2010, I stayed at the South Pacific in Wan Chai. From memory, for a ten night stay, I paid £630. I have just checked and the average rate today for the same period is £1180.

Even more ridiculous is the Wharney which has gone from about £30 a night in 2009 to £140 a night now.

It makes you wonder how ordinary people can afford to stay in HK any mome

uk
Level Contributor
154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Prices in HK

Really depends on the time of year you are going. I go every year and find the most expensive to be around October and new years. I usually use the wharney but havnt found it for less than £60 for the last couple of years. Good deals to be had at cosmo/cosmopolitan (10 min walk to wanchai) booked via booking.com

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Prices in HK

I have just picked up a deal for the Cosmo in Mong Kok for 8 nights, flying on Emirates - for under £1,000

You would be very lucky to get the Wharner for under £100 at the moment - this is for a November booking. Just a quick check on booking.com. comes out at £138 per night

Edited: 11 February 2013, 15:33
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,535 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Prices in HK

You are right HK prices have gone through the roof. Pity the ordinary folks who live and work in HK.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Prices in HK

Try Metrokpark Wanchai, shouldn't be too expensive, the hotel has a great service and fantastic location: I stay there before and love it very much, it worth money you spend

…metroparkhotelwanchai.com/eng/…hongkong.php

hoteltrip.com/hotel/10030014-11374910O.html…

orbitz.com/hotel/…

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,344 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Prices in HK

Welcome back, Steve! Both to the forum, and to Hong Kong! :)

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Prices in HK

Hi Steve - as the hotel prices have increased it is possible also that the quality of the Sunday Brunch at the Jumbo has improved. As I reported on the thread on which you have recently commented, it was very good when we were there. Cheers.

Edited: 12 February 2013, 08:42
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Prices in HK

Agree with you wholeheartedly. For the average Joe, I find some of the hotel prices to be unbelievable, and it certainly makes HK an expensive city to stay in, when it comes to accommodation (I also feel the same about Sydney hotels). This is especially the case where you might need 2 (or more) rooms to fit family.

There are occasionally some good bargains to be had, but long are the days where you can score very cheap accommodation.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Prices in HK

Just a fleeting visit to both places HF, but thank you for the kind welcome

Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Prices in HK

The hotel prices in HKG has indeed risen a lot compared to my visit many years ago just as many hotels in Singapore. I remembered staying at the Prudential Hotel doesn't cost me an arm during my visit but right now is more than HK$1600/ night before tax.

Luckily for my coming visit in March I managed to get a Deluxe room at the Silka Seaview Hotel at ard HK$800/night.

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Prices in HK

just joining in the conversation

i too struggling to find something in my what was a decent budget a few years back but to what now is probably nowhere near it

£60 a night kowloon side

my trip will be july 2014, seriously struggling to find something decent

got my eye on the dorsett mongkok, between mogkok and olympic stop... my problem is the 18m2 space, as we'll have approx 4 luggages!!

can anyone help me?

there's 3 of us travelling into two rooms

i did look at renting an apartment, but i'm after a SPACIOUS apartment

thanks all