We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Lander Hotel

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport to Lander Hotel

Hi, anyone know how to get to Lander Hotel from Hong Kong Airport?

What are the ways to get there?

Thank you.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Lander Hotel

oriental-lander.hotel-rn.com/index2.html… -bus ,airport express ,taxi

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Lander Hotel

Thank you, but I am not staying in Oriental Lander Hotel. I am staying Lander Hotel, address is 156-158 Tai Nan Street, Mongkok, Hong Kong.

I cannot find the hotel official website.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,053 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Lander Hotel

I have located Oriental Lander Hotel on Baidu but not Google.

Here is some info on the hotel:

http://map.baidu.com/detail?qt=ninf&uid=ddf64b68bc2ea262ede4a5d8&wd=158%20%E5%A4%A7%E5%8D%97%E8%A1%97&b=(12709816.695,2534464.295;12710584.695,2535040.295)&from=map&query=158%20%E5%A4%A7%E5%8D%97%E8%A1%97&qid=15109517342874285927&page_num=0&detail=hotel

It is located at the corner of Tai Nan Street and Boundary Street. "Mong Kok" is a misnomer. The district is really Sham Shui Po.

Keep in mind that you can always take a taxi there from the airport. Fare is about HKD $230 plus HKD $5 per luggage in the boot.

But I have a feeling that you are looking for lost cost alternatives. There are, but would require a little bit of walking.

Take bus A21 (fare HKD $33) and alight at stop #5 "Metropark Hotel Mongkok, Lai Chi Kok Road", and backtrack on Lai Chi Kok Road for about 10 minutes or so, turn on Boundary Street. 500 meters. Not too bad actually but if you have big suitcases it may not be convenient. Luggable suitcases and carry-ons are probably no problem.

Map:

http://goo.gl/maps/fN5sP

I thought of bus E21 (fare HKD $14). But it goes on Cheung Sha Wan Road with a bus stop just about equally far from the hotel. You can use it if you like. For E21, alight at bus top #23 "Wong Chuk Street, Cheung Sha Wan Road". Walk about 400 meters. E21 takes longer as it makes more stops.

Map:

http://goo.gl/maps/33NPA

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Lander Hotel

Thank you. I am thinking of taking the mtr from airport to Kowloon station then take a cab from there. Will it be better? I afraid of losing my way if I take A21 bus. If from the airport to hotel without traffic jam, I will take the cab. But as what I know, Hong Kong will have traffic jam. I do not want to be stuck in the traffic jam. :P

I am starting to wonder, did I make a bad choice of choosing Lander Hotel.

Edited: 01 March 2013, 01:58
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,053 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Lander Hotel

>> I am starting to wonder, did I make a bad choice of choosing Lander Hotel. <<

I cannot comment on the quality of the stay at this hotel but it seems that it is priced for mid-low budget travellers and seems targeting Mainland Chinese visitors.

The surrounding is an old residential/commercial mixed neighborhood. A mix bag.

Traffic should not be an issue from the airport as most of the way would be on expressways. (What time is your arrival?) If budget is not a concern, a direct taxi would be good. Taking Airport Express to Kowloon Station then taxi - quite a bit backtrack. IMO not worth the money as no time gain.

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Lander Hotel

Will be arriving at the airport at about 2pm on a Wednesday. I shall consider taking the cab straight from the airport.

I suppose Lander was a new hotel with their grand opening in December 2012. Not much review in tripadvisor. I shall post a review after my trip.

Thank you so much HappyFeet1234.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,053 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Lander Hotel

2pm, the traffic shouldn't be an issue. Direct taxi should work the best.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
45 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Lander Hotel

I would say that direct taxi will be the best choice and it costs around HKD200. However, if you do not have many luggage and want to use other public transport, we can take the Airport Express to Tsing Yi station and get off, then take local MTR route from Tsing Yi station to Prince Edward station. Once you are in Prince Edward station, you can find a map in the lobby to make sure that you can get to the hotel within 10 mins walk.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,053 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Lander Hotel

If you are going to take the MTR to Prince Edward Station, you might as well take the A21 bus. It is easier, and not having to do 2 transfers using AE/MTR, as well as being less expensive.

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to Lander Hotel

Thank you. i will consider both ways.

i have like finally found the website for Lander Hotel.

is it ok to post the link here?

For those who want to take a look or stay in Lander. Enjoy!!!

http://www.landerhotel.com.hk/en/