We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewelery in Hong Kong

Melbourne, Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
Jewelery in Hong Kong

We are going to Hong Kong in June can anyone advise me of jewelers to buy an engagement ring with GIA cert

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,042 posts
5,937 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewelery in Hong Kong

Hello lynnandrob,

I have no specific recommendations but there are plenty of registered and reputable jewellery companies you can visit. I would suggest just typing in this question in the Search Box at the top of the page and you'll have access to many past threads and discussions on jewellery purchasing and jewellers here in Hong Kong.

Good luck in your research and hope you find what you are looking for.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewelery in Hong Kong

Chow sing sing in central near to pedder streetcmtr central exit D.

Have fun

Melbourne, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewelery in Hong Kong

Thanks for your reply

North Queensland
Level Contributor
108 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewelery in Hong Kong

I have dealt with two jewellers in HKG and I will say now that they may not be the cheapest you will find but the quality is outstanding.

For something this special, I would recommend you go and talk to Christine at Power Jewellery Company, 19A Hankow Road, Ground Floor, Han Yee Mansion, Tsim Sha Tsui. Phone (852) 2376 1782. You will get first class advice and workmanship without any hard sell. Just tell her your budget, take a photo of what you want or she will draw it. There is also a huge range ready to wear. Everything I have purchased from here has valued at a minimum of 3 times what I paid. Tell her Annemarie sends her best regards.

Oh - make sure you are dressed neatly or you may not get through the door! No designer stuff necessary but tidiness is.

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewelery in Hong Kong

I can 100% recommend haywards of hong kong! David is an English ex-pat and he helped design the perfect vintage style engagement ring! I showed him what I want, and told him my budget, and he worked his magic! Keeping me up to date via email the whole time! He even helped me pick the best diamond for my price!

My fiancée was thrilled when I proposed with the ring and we're going to use him for the wedding rings!

Toronto
Level Contributor
516 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewelery in Hong Kong

I bought my engagement ring 5 years ago at Chow Tai Fook which is a major chain in HK

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jewelery in Hong Kong

I agree with Cootch. Have been using Power Jeweller for many years since we moved to Hong Kong. A lot of expats use Christine. She has excellent diamonds. We have taken many people there including our son. He bought their engagement ring there. Valued in Australia at double the price.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jewelery in Hong Kong

Also try New Grand Jewellery & Watch Co. Ltd.

Wilson and family. Ground Floor, Metropole Building. 53-63 Peking Road, off Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui.

Many Australians go there and get great honest service.

9. Re: Jewelery in Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 05:17