We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation for 2 adult + 2 kids

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
12 posts
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation for 2 adult + 2 kids

Can you please recommend any hotel for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids ages 9, 4) to stay for a couple of days in Hong Kong? The ones I found on the web only show rooms for 3 (2 Adults + 1 kid). The price range is is anywhere up to $150-$175 USD.

This is my first visit. Looking for a place that is at a convenient location (i.e well connected ) to be able to visit various places in Hong Kong.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation for 2 adult + 2 kids

YMCA - proper hotel. Superb location next to Peninsula. Climbing wall.

Langham Place is one hotel that has quad rooms if you can get them for the price.

Search this site - there are others.

San Francisco...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation for 2 adult + 2 kids

Thanks for your reply. I checked YMCA and they don't show any availability for 2 adult + 2 kids. Langham Place looks good but they are charging $300 + tax per night, which is a bit high for my budget.

>>Search this site - there are others.

I don't get it. Do you mean by searching these forums or hotel search on Tripadvisor?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation for 2 adult + 2 kids

HI Var P, yep, use search function here..just type hotel for 2 adults and 2 kids in that search bar

http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/SearchForums?q=hotel+for+2+adults+and+2+kids&scope=2&sub-search=Search&ff=1496&geo=294217&returnTo=__2F__

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation for 2 adult + 2 kids

Contact hotels directly because hotel websites (including their own) usually limit the number of persons per room.

Others with family rooms: Royal Plaza Hotel, Holiday Inn Golden Mile, Hotel Benito, Caritas Bianchi Lodge

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
5,423 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation for 2 adult + 2 kids

Var P,

If you look on the right hand side of all Tripadvisor destination forums, you will find a Top Question (FAQ) section. Near the top of the Top Question section on the Hong Kong forum, there is a link to [Need a hotel in HK] where regularly recommended hotels are mentioned as well as helpful hotel search engines like www.booking.com , www.hotels.com and www.wotif.com. This is a good place to start for your hotel search.

A popular hotel for families that is mentioned on this forum quite regularly is Royal Plaza in Mongkok. Might want to look into this one if the YMCA-Salisbury is not available during the dates of your intended stay.

Hope this is useful.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation for 2 adult + 2 kids

Or type in quad rooms. That's often used in threads.

Melbourne, VIC
Level Contributor
365 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendation for 2 adult + 2 kids

Varp,look at the royal-plaza large rooms we stay each year look at the double double rooms central to most things is located in mong-kok,presently doing renovations and will be finished by september e-mail hotel to get best rate .

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendation for 2 adult + 2 kids

Okay, it would be nice to know when you were going. Some hotels will show no availability when you're booking too far ahead. Secondly, look at the Hotel booking websites. The hotels tend to be cheaper through their own websites but not always. Companies like Agoda et cetera will often have large blocks of rooms available at times when the hotel won't itself have any. You might know all this, but just sayin' – in case :-).

9. Re: Hotel recommendation for 2 adult + 2 kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:16