We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel adapters

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nelson Bay...
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
travel adapters

Hi

Do most of the hotels supply power adapters?If not should we take one with us or maybe buy when we get there?Staying at Hotel Panorama by Rhombus. Thanks in advance,

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel adapters

Some hotels will have them on hand. However, if you have adaptors for the UK, then, bring those along, as they're the ones that are used in HK.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel adapters

You can buy very cheap travel adapters over there. So don't worry too much :-).

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,174 posts
5,419 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel adapters

A helpful source for electric outlet types around the world (see link).

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12334-k6368794…

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel adapters

G'day, Thank you for mentioning that you will be staying at Hotel Panorama by Rhombus.

I had the privilege of staying here by invitation when it newly opened. Say I was their guinea pig to test their services and promptness in anticipating guests expectations.

Yep, power adapters are provided by this hotel, though it is not in the room, when you checked in, at check in or later when you are nicely in your room, call for house keeping and they will send one up to you..and there is no additional charge.

I tested all their room service, house keeping (asking extra tooth paste, shaving foam, slippers, adapters)and my arrangement was later to give them a survey form for their GM to evaluate performance.

I must say staff had been nicely trained even during their soft launch, though there are some hiccups..in room safe deposit box (after I had configure and locked, few minutes later, did not open, their maintenance took a while to come by.though not a big issue..just had to replace the battery).

You will enjoy your stay..and do have a chilling time at their SKy garden..you will love it...I did.

Though, should it be a case where they do get a loadful of guests from Oz, not very sure housekeeping will have enough to pass around, so no harm to drop them an email on basis to reconfirm your room booking with your flight details-expected time of arrival(and also to get the confirmation code) and nicely drop a hint, to "reserve" a power adapter for you.

Otherwise, no worries, with its strategic location, plentiful of shops for this travel adapters, when you get into HK (even at the airport-they have it,and do not be surprise, if you come across this familiar brand from Australia- "Korjo" - still a proudly Australian family company.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,946 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel adapters

No worries. If the hotel runs out of adapters for you to borrow, they are readily available for purchase in many stores in Hong Kong, and quite inexpensive. I think Watsons (a local drug/general store) would carry them. There is one within 3 minutes by walking from Panorama.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel adapters

Prices vary, so caveat emptor. Basic adapters cost about $15 in the Wanchai Computer Centre, and something like $75 at the airport shops.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,789 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel adapters

You can find them for around $10 just by walking around. If you are just charging standard modern-day mobile electronics, they should work just fine.

8. Re: travel adapters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 07:18