We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

Auckland
Level Contributor
240 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

We checked in to the Eaton last night, the check in was very very slow and the staff unfriendly. After two long flights we had to stand and wait for 25 minutes only to discover they had left the luggage docket in my passport so didn't know which room to send our luggage to. Not once did they smile or did anyone say Welcome to the Eaton.

Finally we got to our room to find it was very small but we knew from other posts what to expect what we didn't expect was the shower floor was so dirty I had to clean it before we could use it and all the surfaces in the room are caked in dust. The dust was so thick I managed to write my name in it so clearly this room has not been cleaned in days. We were hoping the cleaners would clean it today but when we came back to our room the dust was still there as was my name!

I will write a full review when we leave the hotel but apart from the location I have to say very disappointing.

Suzie Whittaker

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,692 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

You should ask for another room immediately, or ask housekeeping to take care of the issue. It's definitely not acceptable.

Level Contributor
4,197 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

+1.

You should have notified the front desk and housekeeping immediately. If there is no resolution, the matter should be escalated to the duty manager. This is unacceptable.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,209 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

Yes I agree, immediately notify the front desk.

But don't expect service staff in HK to smile and say welcome.

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

Thank you for your thoughts on this hotel. It was on my consideration list. Will be in Hong Kong on July 2nd.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

It is really nIce to have read your experience with Eaton Hotel. LIke caphill, I was considering booking there for a 2- week stay in September. I am looking for another hotel now.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,621 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

Generally speaking Hotel Eaton is a good, functional hotel. It is disappointing to hear of your experience and I hope management does right to resolve issues with your room and stay.

It would be very helpful if you would return to this thread and let us know what becomes of your room change requests and the rest of your stay. I do hope it will be better and that doesn't spoil your overall experiences in Hong Kong.

Best of luck for the rest of your trip.

Level Contributor
4,197 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

OP is not giving the hotel a chance to correct the situation. It's unfair to the hotel not to be given this opportunity before making a post about how bad the hotel here. Do we not all make a mistake or two once a while?

Auckland
Level Contributor
240 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

Thank you to everyone who gave feed back on my post. I did bring the issues to the attention of the management including writing an email to the Public Relations Manager and the Manager of the hotel. Last night we got a call from the assistant Manager asking if he could come to the room and see for himself what our issues were and discuss the matter further. He viewed the issues I had raised and apologised profusely that it had taken them so long to sort out.

He then offered to have us moved to another room immediately but as it was already 9pm and we were checking out the following day we declined the offer. He then offered to send a meal and a bottle of wine to our room as an apology which we also declined having just returned from a meal.

He did however promise to ensure that the room would be cleaned thoroughly in the morning so that when we returned for our late check out it would be of a suitable standard. We have just returned to the room and it has been thoroughly cleaned. The managements response has restored my faith in this hotel by making every effort to rectify the situation.

Suzie

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,209 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

Thanks for following up.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eaton Hotel Nathan Road Very disappointing

It is nice to note that you are satisfied with the response after your extended complaints with email, etc. to Eaton's management. I still maintain that a 4-star hotel should always have its standards. Clients should NOT have to complain to get the 4-star service! It is pathetic that a company has to learn from its customers to improve its service!