We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

HI,

me and 3 of my friends are planning to visit hongkong and Macau in september end for 5n/ 6 days.

I require help from you guys in deciding the hotel.We are planning 2 nights in Hongkong in a budget hotel and 3 nights in Venetian -macau.

Budget would be be close to 700-800HKD per night for hongkong hotel.

Also is Venetial overrated or worth the money??? are there any other options as well???

Also do you guys suggest staying in Disneyland for a night?

Thanks in Advance!!

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

Don't bother staying in a Disney hotel if you're on a budget. There are relatively expensive, and probably not worth it unless you have little kids.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

hey thanks:) ya so cancelling the stay in disney..will just go for a day visit...how about hongkong hotel..any clue?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,264 posts
5,505 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

Hello priyadarshini17

I might suggest having a look at popular hotel/hostel search engines like www.hotels.com , www.booking.com , www.wotif.com , www.kayak.com , www.hostels.com to see what is available in the price range during your intended dates of visitation.

If you can identify a short-list of hotels available this way, it will be easier for us to let us know our thoughts. You can also research whatever hotels you identify by entering their names in the Search Box at the top of this page to see what others have said about the accommodation. You can also reference the formal TA reviews for listings this way as well.

>>>Also is Venetial overrated or worth the money??? are there any other options as well???<<<<

Some say the Venetian is not great, other love the large and very nice rooms they offer there. Best to visit the Macau forum to ask about Macau based accommodations, attractions and restaurants. There are definitely more options than just the Venetian for your stay in Macau, and certainly some more budget friendly choices. Here is the link if interested.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g664891-i12409-Mac…

Hope this is useful and that you find some decent hotels available during your intended time of visit.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

Hong Kong

I would suggest you to stay at B&B and Inns (also called Guest house). They will be very neat & clean, Free wi fi, and very near to MTR. The only downside will be very small rooms. Even in expensive hotels, you will get small rooms. Have a look at these reviews

Golden Crown Guesthouse

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g294217-d1235564…

New Yiu Fai Guest House

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g294217-d630159-…

Macau.

Macau is divided into 2 areas. Macau and Taipa. Taipa is where Venetian & City of Dreams (besides many others) are located.

I would strongly suggest you to see House of Dancing Waters in Macau. There is another show called Taboo. If you like to see these, then its worthwhile to stay at City of Dreams Hotels (you have choice of 3 hotels), who will give you the stay and show package. Have a look

www.cityofdreamsmacau.com/entertainment

tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g664891-d19…

cityofdreamsmacau.com/promotions/3_shows_2_n…

Of you just like to go with one show, then you can take 1 night package at any CoD hotels and another night stay at Macau area. Lots of hotels, I stayed here. Macau area

Sintra Hotel

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g664891-d306244…

Edited: 21 July 2013, 11:37
Pune, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

hey thanks sanjeev!!

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,661 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

Small correction - the Ventian & CoD are located in an area of Macau called Cotai, not on Taipa Island.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

Thanks zhuhai2007

Hope these maps helps OP.

http://mappery.com/map-of/Macao-Tourist-Map

mappery.com/map-of/Taipa-and-Coloane-Tourist…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,038 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

Another vote for not staying at Disneyland as its very pricey.

For Macau

www.wotif.com/search/results…

Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

hello,

I'm planning to go to hongkong next year and I read this thread. I am also newbie on that place. I looked already for the accommodations around hongkong but I can't decide. First, which part in hongkong should I stay if I am planning to stroll and look for attractions. Second, which is better if I book in advance , 6 months or 3 months? Third, I found these guesthouses/hotels I hope you can help me if they're good or not ( hop inn, jj hotel, ibis century hotel, golden crown guesthouse ) so far that all the accommodation I looked for. If you have any other accommodation that you can give me much better. Last, which is better for couples guesthouse or hotel.? As far as I can give, this is all problems that I can give. Thank you so much..

JJ

10. Re: need hotel suggestiong in Hongkong and macau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 07:18