We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walker mobility

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
173 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
walker mobility

Hello, I am flying with Cathay Pacific next week and have a walker (used by seniors to aid them in their walking). Would I be able to check the walker in and to get the walker back in one piece. Or would I be able to check in it at the door of the plane and have it return to me upon reaching the destination. Do I have to pay extra for the walker? Thank you

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walker mobility

>> Would I be able to check the walker in and to get the walker back in one piece. Or would I be able to check in it at the door of the plane and have it return to me upon reaching the destination. <<

christine496:

I tend to think (but not sure, may be check with the airline) that you should be able to use your walker all the way into the plane, and hand the walker to the stewardess for storage in flight. Or else what's the point, right? I think you can ask the airline to make special arrangement for you in seating so that you are not too far from the door. Many airlines do preboarding for elderly, passengers with infants and passengers with special needs before general boarding.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 00:40
toronto
Level Contributor
173 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walker mobility

thank you

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walker mobility

If you wish to be "pampered", you may hire the concierge services of Worldwide Flight Services:

http://www.worldwideflight.com.hk/

toronto
Level Contributor
173 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walker mobility

don't need that...only transit in Hong Kong

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,711 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walker mobility

goggle search "cathay pacific baggage medical device", result # 1

"Mobility Aids & Assistive Devices

Mobility Aid is defined as an assistive device that is used by individuals with mobility impairments such as cane and walker, crutch and wheelchair. ......

Mobility aids and assistive devices that are carried by the passenger can be accepted without charge as specified in the table below...."

toronto
Level Contributor
173 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walker mobility

thank you Bibimbop. Will check Cathay Pacific website

7. Re: walker mobility

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 06:21