We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong airport lounge

toronto
Level Contributor
175 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hong Kong airport lounge

Hello, my flight would be arriving Hong Kong at 5 am in the morning and my next flfight is at 8.50am. Has anyone used the airport lounge and which lounge is better value. Thank you

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong Kong airport lounge

Which lounges are you entitled to use or are you asking the "best" pay lounge airside?

toronto
Level Contributor
175 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong Kong airport lounge

Hello Teddy, it's the one I have to pay

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,005 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong Kong airport lounge

The East Hall Travelers' Lounge is the better one. It's quite a bit larger than the others.

plaza-network.com/index.php/…hong-kong

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hong Kong airport lounge

There is one at Terminal 2. The moment you exit from the arrival hall, after the information kiosk, head towards the escalator heading downwards. The premium Plaza is on your left. You have to pay to use the facilities eg shower, rest. They include a small snack and coffee before your next flight out. I used it many times and found it very refreshing after a long flight.

Hope this helps

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,005 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hong Kong airport lounge

The one at T2 (or really, between T1 and T2) is the Plaza Premium Arrival Lounge. You would have to clear inbound immigration to reach this lounge, which also means you will have to clear outbound immigration and security to reach airside again to get to your onward flight. With not a huge amount of time, I don't know if it's worth the effort.

The benefit of the Arrival Lounge is that there are hardly any users early in the morning so it's extremely quiet. The drawback is food choices are much less, and facilities as the East Hall Flagship Lounge airside are a bit nicer.

By the way, if you have Priority Pass, you can get into these lounges for free. Canadian-based AMEX Platinum cards used to give free access as well but I don't know if that's the case anymore. If you have AMEX Platinum or Centurion, either check with AMEX in advance or ask at the door.

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hong Kong airport lounge

I also do not recommend going to the landside Plaza Premium lounge as you have limited time. You must clear both arrival and departure immigration/custom/excise formalities plus departure security check. Depending on the gate assigned to your departing flight, you may need to allow extra time. It's best to stay airside.

I concur that the airside Traveller's Lounge in East Hall (near Gate 1) is the best but the one in West Hall (near Gate 35) is also quite acceptable if your departure flight is assigned to a higher # gate (e.g. gates 33 to 70) and you do not want to be too far away. For flights departing from North Satellite Concourse, use the East Hall lounge.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 13:31
toronto
Level Contributor
175 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hong Kong airport lounge

Thank you

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,997 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hong Kong airport lounge

Neither Priority Pass nor Canadian AMEX Platinum provides access to the Plaza Premium Arrival Lounge. East and West Traveller's Lounges only.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,005 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hong Kong airport lounge

bibimbob is right apparently. Priority Pass used to give access to the arrivals lounge but apparently not anymore. I had used PP before to get in.

10. Re: Hong Kong airport lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 06:20