We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Hong Kong.

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,614 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Hong Kong.

Well we are home again and I would like to thank all the contibuters that answered my many questions.

I will do a just back report as soon as I catch up on everything.

A few things now though.....It rained every day the whole week so anyone going now, take haviana thongs (waterproof and you dont slip) and an umbrella.

Get to attractions around 10am as we beat most queues.

If you have difficulties walking, then be prepared for a million steps and whoever it was that said there are no seats.....they were right.

Temple st market was my favourite place to eat.

Temple st and Ladies market were my most favourite places to shop.Bargain at both and pay about half.

Stanley market, I didn't bargain much.

Jade market, I found 2 great stalls and will give details in my JBR.

Budget wise.....out of KL, Singapore, Vietnam, Bali, Thailand....Hong Kong is more expensive than all of them, so take more money :)

I will also do a bit of a cost report on shopping and things also.

Oh and by the way...hubby got his game of golf in :)

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,362 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Hong Kong.

>> Oh and by the way...hubby got his game of golf in :) <<

Thank you for the quick note. This was the most important thing! ;)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,348 posts
5,583 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Hong Kong.

Good start to your Trip report. Look forward to seeing the rest.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Hong Kong.

G'day,

Glad to hear you are back safely in Perth.

Got your PM. Will look into when am back in HK..most probably in mid Oct or Nov.

NO worries--do not please mention $$$$ with me. I may have some new ones still in plastic packaging given to me by the Club. They gave me few 2XL, and I could never go on my diet or lose my previous youth pronounced six packs that are now reduced to two big flaps,and had been giving away many golf polo shirts away

Presently gallivanting in Australia and New Zealand. Did ski in Mt Baw Baw. Came into Perth in time to enjoy winter lights at St Georges Terr(Brookfields Place).

Few more days in Mandurah, before taking off to Blue Mountains(will be at Echoes), before to Cairns.

Looking forward to more JBRs. You need the inspiration.

4. Re: Back from Hong Kong.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 05:17