We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BKK to HKG on Emirates A380

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
92 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
BKK to HKG on Emirates A380

Hi All,

I will be flying Bangkok to Hong Kong on the Emirates A380 super jumbo jet and was curious if there is any way a passenger from the Economy (Coach) section can go up a level to the Business/First Class area and mingle in the bar during the flight. Is there even a way to get between the two levels for passengers, or is it only possible if you are a crew member?

Thanks! :-)

Bangkok
Level Contributor
302 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BKK to HKG on Emirates A380

The bar is reserved for 1st and business class passengers only and they do block the stairways, fore and aft, with a rope. Usually just business class passengers only because in 1st the drinks are better.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BKK to HKG on Emirates A380

I thought economy class passengers in A380 are only confined to their 'lower' class cabin. No way they can move and mingle with the 'upper' class passengers at the bar section

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BKK to HKG on Emirates A380

I just imagine to pay 3x more for my biz class ticket and not get to the bar because people from economy are occupying it...

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,369 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BKK to HKG on Emirates A380

When I flew this route last year, I was sitting near the stairs at the front in economy, & there were a few people trying to go up the stairs to have a look, but they soon got chased back down :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
92 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BKK to HKG on Emirates A380

Thanks everyone for the replies! I figured they wouldn't allow them up on the upper deck, but wanted to ask anyways. People pay a lot extra for the "exclusivity" away from the common Economy class passengers, so I understand why they don't allow it. Plus, having all those people clogging up the bar area might be annoying.

6. Re: BKK to HKG on Emirates A380

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:19