We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatari Riyal (QAR) to HKD

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Qatari Riyal (QAR) to HKD

I'm not pretty sure whether Qatari Riyal is accepted in any exchange kiosk in HK. If it not,is it advisable to convert to USD in Qatar and then convert to HKD once reach Hong Kong? Qatari Riyal is currently pegged against USD. Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatari Riyal (QAR) to HKD

Change some USD in Qatar before you come to HK to be safe. You can still use plastic and redraw cash from ATM so do not worry much.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatari Riyal (QAR) to HKD

If you change the currency twice, you incur two fees. You have a number of options I guess – one would be to change your money before you go to Hong Kong. And one would be to bring plastic as suggested. I'm not sure that in the end indulging in overcomplicated financial operations actually is worth it, when you're not saving very much, possibly. Personally, I'd just bring plastic.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 20:55
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,710 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatari Riyal (QAR) to HKD

Exchanging HKD in other countries could cost dearly. In Japan for instance, the cost is 18 - 20% despite the huge traffic from HK.

But the Qatar Commercial Bank seems to have very good rates so you should be OK getting HKD there.

4. Re: Qatari Riyal (QAR) to HKD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 05:18