We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
14 posts
Save Topic
Please help

Hi,

We are a planning a Hong Kong & Macau trip in October. I have been researching a lot before making a draft of the itinerary. Please help and suggest any and everything which will make our trip memorable.

Day 1 -

Flight lands at 10 pm.

Try to check in and leave hotel by 12.

Then proceed to Chi Lin Nunnery & Nan Lian Garden. Spend 1.5 hrs there. Leave by 3 or 3:30 Take bus/mrt/tram to Tshim Sha Tsui. Shopping till 8 pm.

8 pm watch Symphony of Light Show from Avenue of Stars.

After show go to Temple Street Night Market. Is it possible to walk or need to take mrt? Shop and have dinner. Any vegetarian option possible here?

Day 2 -

Early morning cable car to Big Buddha.

Po Ling Monastery

Before 3 pm reach Disney land. Watch parade. Enjoy rides and watch fire works at night.

This will be Sunday. Is it recommended to swap day 2 and day 3?

Day 3 -

Early morning Ocean Park

Peak Tram with Madam Tussards and Sky Observatory

Any thing else can be fitted on this day

Day 4 -

If did not mange to visit Lian Garden on first day, then visit today. Otherwise shopping at Causeway.

Afternoon proceed to Macau

Day 5 - Macau

Day 6 - Ferry from Macau to Hong Kong Airport.

Hotel is not decide yet. Unfortunately did not realize October rates are very high due to trade fair and booked flight. So now have no option of post ponding the trip. I have shortlisted following:

Crown Plaza Kowloon East

Holiday Inn Express Kowloon East - real good price with breakfast

Metro Park Kowloon

Ramada Hotel

Cosmopolitan Hotel - on higher side - confused if it will be worth the price

Ovlo Hotel Aberdeen - very cheap as newly opened. But don't have many reviews to decide. Is it near to mrt and have restaurants around? Any suggestions?

Any suggestions for must eat vegetarian places. Looking for different cuisines. Any good place for vegetarian dim sums?

Thanks so much.

Edited: 18 August 2013, 16:29
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help

Pretty good to me. Bear in mind that Ocean Park and Madame Tussaud are 2 different place. The peak area housed Madamme Tussaud and the Sky obeservatory. You should spend one day at Ocean park and proceed to the Peak in the evening to admire the dusk view of HK via the Sky observatory.

Yes, you can walk to Temple Street from Avenue of Stars but it can be along walk and sweaty affair. I would do it myself(only in winter though) but i do not recommend tourists to do that. Take the MTR from Tsim Sha Tsui station and stop at Yau Ma Tei MTR.

Aberdeen is an area south of HK island. Currently no train service there(construction of a MTR station is on the way), you can only access using taxi or bus.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,821 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help

Day one do you mean arrive 10 am, instead of pm.

Mumbai (Bombay...
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help

Thanks Rkk.

@ThanksSocialsecurity Yes meant 10 am. Sorry about it..

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,442 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help

Crowne Plaza Kowloon East and Holiday Inn Express Kowloon East are run by the same group located right across from each other. They both sit atop Tseung Kwan O station. Crowne Plaza is the nicer property while HIE is the cheaper one. Both are very new.

Metropark Kowloon is ok, but the location isn't the greatest since it's not too close to MTR station.

I don't like Ramada.

Cosmopolitan is close to Causeway Bay and Wan Chai, but it's located somewhat atop a hill and it's complicated to walk to the happening areas. There is absolutely nothing within the immediate area.

There are many other hotels to consider that could fit your price range. Try:

Holiday Inn Express (Jervois St or Causeway Bay)

Ibis Central & Sheung Wan

Butterly on Prat, on Victoria, on Wellington

Panorama

Hotel Benito

Best Western Grand, Best Western Causeway Bay

Edited: 18 August 2013, 18:40
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2,988 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help

Instead of having Day 2 (Ngong Ping 360) and Day 3 ( Ocean park) back to back, you can shift Ocean park on Day 4.

I would suggest you to add the following attractions

@ Hong Kong

Museum of Science and History

Victoria Peak (The Peak)

@ Macau

House of Dancing Waters.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help

>> Then proceed to Chi Lin Nunnery & Nan Lian Garden. Spend 1.5 hrs there. <<

Probably a little rush for both places. If you are not in a big hurry to go shopping, perhaps can spend a little more time to appreciate the scenary.

>> Before 3 pm reach Disney land. Watch parade. Enjoy rides and watch fire works at night. <<

Seems a bit late to go to Disneyland. You pay good money for admission. May want to take advantage of it. Close to HKD $400 each. It is your money.

>> Ovlo Hotel Aberdeen - very cheap as newly opened. But don't have many reviews to decide. <<

Location is the biggest thing against them, that's why the price reflects it. It is a little bit inconvenient for commute (except going to Ocean Park). If you are okay with it, that may work well for you.

7. Re: Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 07:20