We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Park Vs Disney Land?

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
73 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Park Vs Disney Land?

Hi:

i was planning to visit either Ocean Park or Disney Land during my trip to HK as apparently both the entertainments look quite similar. Any idea as to which one is preferable over the other? Moreover do i need to book online for entry tickets to avoid long queues at the entrance? Traveling in Mid Sept.

Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Park Vs Disney Land?

I've always loved Ocean Park. I've been going to Ocean Park since I was a little girl with the last time 2 years ago. It has something for everyone and the wildlife is brilliant. Panda and my personal favourite, the jelly fish enclosure.

I've never been to the Disneyland in HK yet but will go in 2 weeks to see what it's like. My cousins who went recently said it's more children orientated whereas Ocean Park appeals to all.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,733 posts
5,777 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Park Vs Disney Land?

Hello Shahrukh S,

Welcome to the Hong Kong forum.

This question has been asked quite a lot on this forum. If you simply type in 'ocean park vs disneyland' in the Search Box at the top of the page, you'll have access to all past questions or discussions on this topic.

Personally, I think Ocean Park is more interesting for adults and those interested in seeing a genuine Hong Kong based theme park. The park is aquatic and education themed compared to the Disney land which is a global park featuring, more child-friendly entertainment, Mickey and friends. The younger the children in your family, the more you will probably consider Disneyland the better choice.

Hope this is useful.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,941 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Park Vs Disney Land?

Ocean Park and Disneyland aren't the same. Ocean Park is a park with animals, nature and some theme park style rides. Disneyland is about Disney characters and a pure entertainment park. They don't give you the same experience. If you can spare two days, going to both isn't a bad idea.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Park Vs Disney Land?

If you are older than 10 approximately, go to ocean Park. Disneyland is biased towards younger children.

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
73 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Park Vs Disney Land?

Great. Thanks alot everyone for your valuable replies.

6. Re: Ocean Park Vs Disney Land?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:18