We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typhoon Usagi

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,764 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Typhoon Usagi

Typhoon Usagi is currently heading straight for HK. It is projected to make landfall not too far away Sunday sometime. For visitors, that means whatever is on your plans for that day, you might need to re-think. This is truly a powerful storm so please stay safe.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,745 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Typhoon Usagi

Heavens no! It's already finished for Hong Kong. Everyone heads back to work now. Just some of us out in the New Territories are still cleaning fallen branches from our access roads and gardens.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,745 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Typhoon Usagi

Izzycharli, everything is now "business as normal" - supermarkets will be restocked by tomorrow. The only issue is that the price of locally produced fruit and vegetables will be dramatically more expensive for the next month or two, as most of the market gardens in the New Territories and southern Guangdong will have been wiped out.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,146 posts
5,406 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Typhoon Usagi

Back to work (and sightseeing) everyone. The Typhoon has passed.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: Typhoon Usagi

Hi all,

so all is fine and right.

Hmm, all thought getting another "holiday" ah,after the long weekend-day after Mid Autumn festival.

Now, go eat Unagi-- "s" just got away

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Typhoon Usagi

Everything's back to normal! Sun's out, and many of us got a super long weekend!

Sad to hear there were a couple of fatalities in Guangdong.

If you're not in the New Territories I doubt you'd even notice anything and if you're coming to HK on Thursday, definitely will be business as normal!

Yorks
Level Contributor
915 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Typhoon Usagi

We had a night of rain where i am and i noticed the patio doors buffeting a little. Most noticeable effect for me was big queues for the minibuses this morning. It was also half hour late. From watching the news i was expecting a bigger issue. Im home early as was expecting rain. Its actually pretty nice out.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Typhoon Usagi

Very unlikely typhoon in November. In fact, very rare to have one as the Pacific Ocean would be kind of 'settle' without any low pressure since the northern hemisphere is at he brisk of winter season. Typhoon only occurs during the warm summer months where the sea pressure is at the lowest.

So it is fine for you to venture HK in Nov without any interruptions

48. Re: Typhoon Usagi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 06:22