We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HK Dollar

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HK Dollar

Can anyone tell me what price the HK dollar is paying in AUD in Hong Kong at present Please here in AUS it's around 7.523 this morning Pete

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,946 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HK Dollar

Google rate said 1 AUD to 7.28 Hong Kong dollar. When you actually do the exchange in Hong Kong, you will typically get less.

If you can really get 7.523 HKD where you are, I think you should take it.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: HK Dollar

yep sounds like good advise Thanks Pete

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,946 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HK Dollar

Good luck! It sounds too good to be true. I have a suspicion that someone has forgotten to refresh the rate. But if you can capitalize on their mistakes, the more power to you. :)

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,061 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HK Dollar

Is the 7.523 buy or sell rate?

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HK Dollar

Where are you getting your rates from? That seems like a really good deal. Usually, I've found extremely poor rates in Australia, so, I leave it until I'm in HK to exchange cash, as we can't beat the competitiveness in HK.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: HK Dollar

G'day Pete,

AUD1 buys you HKD7.2340(source Hang Seng Bank).

If you buy HKD currency notes in Australia, i.e. Bank sells, ( I just take ANZ)and for notes- your AUD1 only buys you HKD6.9730.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: HK Dollar

That's what I thought, mKiaratravel. At least, my bank certainly isn't offering anything over 6.8/6.9! If the OP's bank is offering such a fantastic rate, I better start changing banks!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: HK Dollar

was not a bank that offered those rates == but don't panic could not get there until today so the rate was 7.12

9. Re: HK Dollar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 05:18