We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong day tour

Level Contributor
31 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Hong Kong day tour

Is there any full day or half day tour for Hong Kong with English speaking guide or something like that ? If someone had experience or know for more details, please let me know for it, we are going to visit in November,

many thanks,

TramOramic Sightseeing Tour
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Smooth Ride Bike Tours Hong Kong
Night Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bike Tours
Myhktour
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Food Tours, Day Trips
Hong Kong Private Guide
Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,076 posts
5,946 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong Kong day tour

Hello K,

The prevailing opinion of the majority of those that post on this forum is that it is best to visit Hong Kong on an independent basis and to self-tour the territory. However, there are some tour options. Some that you might want to look into would include the Big Bus, which is now receiving some very positive responses.

Also, there are some private tour providers listed here on Tripadvisor that you can look up. Just go 'Things to Do' - Activities TAB (see link)

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294217-Activiti…

Then look at the Sight Seeing Tours tab (41 available) - not all listed tour providers though.

Another source is to go directly to the Discover Hong Kong website, they have suggested tour page that is worth reading through. See link.

discoverhongkong.com/eng/…index.jsp

Hope this is helpful and that you enjoy your time in HK.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
359 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong Kong day tour

I agree - Hong Kong is very easy to navigate and has a great transportation system . Perhaps the best I have ever experienced in my travels . There is so much to explore and it's not HUGE - I think you will have the most fun and really absorb the culture more by exploring on your own . If you really prefer tours, BradJill is always a good source for info and looks like some good links were shared :)

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong Kong day tour

There are tours, and they're not bad, but inevitably they take you to some sort of factory/shop where you're pressured to buy something. If you don't mind that it's not a terrible way to see Hong Kong, particularly if you are short of time. But there is the inevitable hurry as you have to conform to everybody else's ideas of what's interesting and what isn't, and as others have explained, it's so easy to figure out what you want to see and go see it :-). The MTR will get you to within spitting distance of about 90% of all tourist attractions. I'd use that.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hong Kong day tour

check out the official website, you can find some tours.

discoverhongkong.com/eng/…index.jsp

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hong Kong day tour

I agree, much of Hong Kong is covered in English signage. Bring a good guide book, preferably one that has good maps and info about public transport.

6. Re: Hong Kong day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 06:19