We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hongkong trip

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hongkong trip

hello,

i will be travelling to HK and MACAU end of oct with my family.

i will be staying 2 nights in disneyland, 2 nights in HK (ramada kowloon, Tsim tsa tsui) and 2 nights in macau (venetian).

need help on spending two days in HK, i want to see ocean park, peak, shopping, madame tussads and other important places. please suggest how to cover these places in two days time. is it possible to move out of disneyland in night and visit some of these places.

i have a return flight from HK on the last day at 7 pm local time. suggest best route to reach HKIA from macau hotel.

ashok

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hongkong trip

Two days in HK and visiting Ocean Park after you have been in Disney for two days seems like too much. Surely Disney is all the theme park you need. I don't know anything about getting back to,the airport from Macau, but maybe you should do Disney, then Macau, then Hong Kong. Seems that would be less hassle. You will,have to rely on ferries from Macau, whereas a taxi from HK takes only about 45 minutes. It shouldn't take too long to get from Disney into HK, maybe 45 minutes.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hongkong trip

The peak has a shopping centre and Madam Tassauds so that will cover a fair bit. Make sure you get an octopus card. The peak will accept this as payment to the viewing platform as well as the peak tram. If you catch the star ferry across the harbour catch the 15 bus or the 15c to catch the tram up. The bus stop is just in front of the ferry terminal on Hong Kong Island.

Oscar

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,601 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hongkong trip

Disneyland and Ocean Park are two very different experiences. I think you can do both. But I think you may want to consider 1 day at each, which would be enough.

Disneyland in Hong Kong is very small. And it is not far away from other things, not like the Disney World in Floria. Spending "two full days and nights" at Hong Kong Disneyland may not be necessary. If you "move out of disneyland in night and visit some of these places"... that begs the question - why you want to pay the high prices staying at Disney Hotels, not take full advantage of staying there but "sleep there and go somewhere else"? It can take as long as one hour out, and one hour back. If you can change the hotel booking, consider shortening it to one night stay at Disney and make it 3 nights in Hong Kong.

>> i have a return flight from HK on the last day at 7 pm local time. suggest best route to reach HKIA from macau hotel. <<

You can take a ferry directly from Macau to Hong Kong Airport. Take the 8S218 ferry, departing MOHFT at 15:45 should get you in time for your flight at 7 pm. You need to buffer in time for checking in your bags and immigration at the ferry terminal. The Venetian has free shuttles going to MOHFT.

turbojet.com.hk/en/routing-sailing-schedule/…

Edited: 14 October 2013, 00:52
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,132 posts
1,403 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hongkong trip

You could also consider leaving Disneyland to last as its very close to the airport.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hongkong trip

Hi,

if you are staying in Venetian, take the Cotai Jet departing from Taipa ferry terminal at 1555hrs,and get your ticket from Cotai Travel or concierge desk,and they will handle everything for you- go up to your room, collect your luggage, check you out, take your luggage to bay for their free shuttle to Taipa ferry terminal.

6. Re: Hongkong trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:21