We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking in transit

Melbourne, Australia
14 posts
Save Topic
Smoking in transit

I am flying business class on a Cathay pacific flight to Honk Kong and have a short time before my connecting flight on a Turkish Airline (Business Class) flight. How do I get a cigarette in during the stop over?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,441 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking in transit

class of travel has nothing to do with the question. No somking is allowed inside airline or pay-in lounges. However,

hongkongairport.com/eng/…smoking-lounge.html

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking in transit

There are dedicated smoking lounges for smokers at the departure areas. Cannot really imagine these smokers puffing away endlesslessly in such a small place, choking to a slow death in the process tsk tsk

Melbourne, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking in transit

Thanks for the info

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking in transit

I was just wondering if you smoke Business class cigarettes too?

Edited: 25 October 2013, 07:22
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking in transit

There are special smoking rooms at the Hong Kong airport specifically for this purpose and you should have no trouble finding one. When the government banned smoking in public places starting in January of 2012 it was so broad that the only legal places to smoke are in you hotel room (if so designated by the hotel) or other private rooms. It is banned other places but the laws are not really enforced in public places like city parks.

6. Re: Smoking in transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:23