We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from airport to Rosedale kowloon for 3 adults

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
transport from airport to Rosedale kowloon for 3 adults

may i know what is the different transport means to get to Rosedale Kowloon hotel from the airport. what is the price difference if i take airport express instead of taxi. pls give me advice.

regarding the hotel i booked, i don't seem to find it mentioned in this forum.any reason why?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,203 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from airport to Rosedale kowloon for 3 adults

Rosedale Kowloon is a relatively new hotel which soft opened in the middle of last year. It stands side by side with Dorsett Mongkok Hotel (formerly Cosmo Mongkok and Cosmo Kowloon) in Tai Kok Tsui.

Taxi would cost about HK$240 plus baggage charge of HK$5 for each item of large baggage in the taxi boot.

Airport Express fare for 3 (Group Ticket for 3 people travelling together) from airport to Kowloon Station is HK$190 and you then need a taxi to complete the journey from Kowloon Station to the hotel, which would probably cost about HK$30-40 plus luggage charge so not much saving and less convenience.

Alternatively you can take the Airport Express to Tsing Yi Station. A Group Ticket for 3 people from the airport costs HK$125. At Tsing Yi Station, interchange to the MTR Tung Chung Line to Olympic Station (3 stops). Adult fare from Tsing Yi to Olympic is HK$8 each. Rosedale Hotel is about 5-10 mins walk from the station via exit B. With luggage, however, you may not find this convenient.

There are bus options (E12 & A21) but neither are particularly convenient from the point of view of getting to hotel from nearest bus stop with luggage.

Edited: 14 December 2013, 12:46
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from airport to Rosedale kowloon for 3 adults

With the above options from SolentTravller, based on costs and convenience especially carrying luggage, my suggestion is to take a taxi from the airport.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from airport to Rosedale kowloon for 3 adults

Tks for all the advice. I think I will just take a taxi.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,203 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transport from airport to Rosedale kowloon for 3 adults

Just noticed an error in final para of #1. Bus options E21 (not E12) & A21. However, you've chosen the best option with taxi.

London
Level Contributor
417 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport from airport to Rosedale kowloon for 3 adults

I have seen Rosedale customers checking out, then take their luggage on to the shuttle bus to Kowloon station (route Hotel to Kowloon station to In town Outlet to TST and the reverse) but never from Kowloon Station to the hotel.

If you have booked directly with the hotel you could asked if you could use the shuttle bus back to the hotel.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
546 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transport from airport to Rosedale kowloon for 3 adults

No shuttle timetable on their website. Perhaps worth emailing them for more info :

…rosedalehotels.com/theHotel/ourLocation/en/

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transport from airport to Rosedale kowloon for 3 adults

>> I have seen Rosedale customers checking out, then take their luggage on to the shuttle bus to Kowloon station (route Hotel to Kowloon station to In town Outlet to TST and the reverse) but never from Kowloon Station to the hotel. <<

I think it is probably because of their one-way circular shuttle route:

• Kowloon Station / ICC / Elements

• China HK City / Canton Road

• Pitt Street

• Li Fung Tower (Cheung Sha Wan Road)

• Mongkok Station

From the hotel to Kowloon MTR Station, straight. But from Kowloon MTR Station to hotel, a big city tour. It would be taking too long for anybody's liking.

8. Re: transport from airport to Rosedale kowloon for 3 adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:18