We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

New York
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

Would appreciate feedback/suggestions on my itinerary-First time to HK...I'm mid 40's, enjoy sites/culture, shopping, food...traveling alone, but have friends living in HK.

Arrive day 1 5:40AM...transfer to hotel, leave bags...

Nan Lian Garden

Museum of History

Afternoon Mongkok Markets

Ave of the Stars-late afternoon

Temple Market

Day 2

Ngong Ping Cable car-Big Buddha, Po Lin Monastery, Wisdom Path, Ngong Ping Village

Afternnoon Tai O (?)

eveing-symphany of lights

Day 3

The center (?)

4pm zoo gardens

6PM peak tram

Star ferry pier at night

Welcome any and all suggestions!

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

Day one looks okay, as the Garden opens at 7 o'clock in the morning. Not much else in Hong Kong opens that early. Day to morning looks a little crowded but is doable. Symphony of lights doesn't take a great deal of time. :-) On day three I'd probably avoid the Zoo as it's by no means brilliant. I might go to the aviary in Hong Kong Park instead.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,843 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

Museum of History is closed on Tuesdays. Make sure your visit isn't on that day of the week.

Your plans look ok otherwise.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,718 posts
5,780 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

On day 1, note that you can visit the Chi Lin Nunnery, just across the street from the Nan Lian Gardens. Actually they are connected by bridge. Both are very nice places to spend time.

On day 3 are you wanting to visit The Center (the building) or Central (the district)?

The Center (5th tallest building in Hong Kong)

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294217-d5…

Central District

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294217-d187…

Hong Kong Park is a nice place to spend time and is right next to the Peak terminus (see link).

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

The Edward Youde Aviary is a nice place to spend time in Hong Kong Park (see link).

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

What's there to do/see at "The Centre"? Just curious. Because that is usually not a tourist-visted place.

New York
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

Thanks brad and jill for your info...@ hf...Man no temple, Soho, mid level escalators, graham st market... Sorry if I did not clarify correctly...I've been combining suggestions from other posts, so I may have been confused myself :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,718 posts
5,780 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

No problem. What you have named is a list of things to do/see in Central. There are some antique street markets in that area, just below Man Mo Temple that are worth a walk through as well.

New York
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

Thanks...so its doable, and semi reasonable? Any other suggestions? Im staying at the mira. Ive read the mall thete is okay..any suggestions for food?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,718 posts
5,780 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

Carriesue

>>>Thanks...so its doable, and semi reasonable?<<<<

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you asking specifically about Day 3? In my view, you should consider a visit to Hong Kong Park, instead of the Zoo, as mentioned in my earlier post. Might aim to be there around 3-4pm and to then go up the Peak so you can enjoy dusk and night time views. HK Park is ideally located right next to the Peak Tram Terminus as well so you can visit first and then make your way up to the Peak to enjoy the evening. The Star Ferry runs until late so you don't need to worry about missing it going back to TST in Kowloon. You can easily walk to Mira from the Star Ferry Pier in TST as well.

>>>Ive read the mall the is okay..any suggestions for food?<<< There are thousands of dining options in Kowloon. In that area of TST, I very much like SpringDeer but you need to make reservations in advance. Peking Garden at the Star House building directly outside the Star Ferry Pier in TST is also good. Around Mira, you will find lots of street side restaurants. There are others in the mall and at an area known as Knutsford Terrace that might be worth trying.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,533 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

Hong Kong Zoological & Botanical Gardens and Hong Kong Park are within walking distance of each other and, if you want, you can easily visit both on day 3. In addition to its normal exhibits, the HKZBG has public viewing sessions of the baby orangutan twins Wan Wan and Wah Wah at 10am to 11am and 2pm to 3pm daily in the Education & Exhibition Centre, if of interest;

info.gov.hk/gia/general/201202/09/P201202090…

info.gov.hk/gia/general/201202/09/P201202090…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,718 posts
5,780 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions for my 3 day itinerary

SolentTraveller is correct, you can easily visit both on Day 3. I'm a bit worried about your daylight hours however. I would suggest 60-90 minutes for the Hong Kong Zoological & Botanical Gardens and a similar amount of time at Hong Kong Park. If you start at originally planned time of 4pm, I'm concerned that you won't be able to spend much time at these attractions, which might or might not be ok depending on how quickly or leisurely you prefer to make your visits. When visiting both together we usually try to arrive by 1-2pm in the afternoon.