We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private transfer from tin hau to hong kong airport

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
131 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
private transfer from tin hau to hong kong airport

I'd be grateful if anyone could advise me on this, we're visiting our daughter over Xmas and New year. She lives in tin hau area not too far from Victoria park. We took a taxi from the airport when we arrived. However rather than stand in the street with 3 suitcases and hand luggage I would like to book a transfer to pick us up and take us to the airport. There will be 2 adults and one two year old. Our flight check in opens at 9.30pm on 3 Jan so I guess we should be picked up at 8.30pm. Does anyone have any suggestions for reliable company at reasonable price. Thanks in advance.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,526 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: private transfer from tin hau to hong kong airport

Lots of taxis around, and it's not rush hour. No reason to get private transfer.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,789 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: private transfer from tin hau to hong kong airport

If your flight departs around midnight, you can leave Tin Hau for the airport around 3 hours before your flight's departure time. At that time in the evening, there should be no substantial traffic, and you will get to HKG in 45 minutes.

Just get a regular taxi as suggested. The fare should be around $300 depending on what tunnel the driver uses.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: private transfer from tin hau to hong kong airport

If it were me, I would just take a taxi. But if you really want a private transfer that can be booked in advance, the same company that runs the Airport Hotelink bus service also offers a bookable limo service. You can find full info here:

http://www.trans-island.com.hk/en/index.php

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,946 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private transfer from tin hau to hong kong airport

If you have money to spend, why not?

But you still need to stand on the street with 3 suitcases and hand luggage to wait for your private transfer. Maybe they can call you from a cell phone when he arrives. The driver will not go up to the flat and move your suitcases for you. He will pick you up as a taxi would, curb side (provided that it's not the "no loading" zone).

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: private transfer from tin hau to hong kong airport

Another company that I have used before:

dchml.com.hk/english/…services_limo.php

Farrington American Express used to offer airport transfer service (and I have also used them before) but I can no longer find any information on their web site. You may want to give them a ring:

amextravel.com.hk/business-travel/…

Taxis are somewhat "unpredictable". Generally, based on my last trip a few months ago, it was more difficult to flag a taxi in the street than a year ago. This is a generalised statement on a one week trip. I also had bad experience with the A11 Cityflyer on that trip that no bus showed up at the scheduled time.

If you are not too far from the Tin Hau MTR and can manage a short walk with the 3 suitcases, the A11 is a good option but allow yourself an extra 20 minutes to take one earlier bus, just in case what happened to me when it did not show up. The next one was 20 minutes later! The bus runs every 20 minutes. This bus used to be very punctual.

nwstbus.com.hk/routes/…

6. Re: private transfer from tin hau to hong kong airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:18