We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peak Tram terminus to Star Ferry pier to get back to TST?

New York
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Peak Tram terminus to Star Ferry pier to get back to TST?

Is is bus 15C?

Also, to get from Stanley and seeing the markets, I'd like to head to central, is there a bus too?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,314 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Peak Tram terminus to Star Ferry pier to get back to TST?

1. Yes (or walkable for many).

2. Yes, bus 6,6X, 6A or 260. Choose bus 6 for the most scenic route. Also bus 66 from Stanley Plaza (peak hours weekday service) follows the same route as bus 6.

Edited: 28 December 2013, 00:40
New York
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Peak Tram terminus to Star Ferry pier to get back to TST?

thx!

New York
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Peak Tram terminus to Star Ferry pier to get back to TST?

A few more questions:

To get from HKIA to Mira Hotel in TST, is the free shuttle K4 the bus? I'm arriving at 5:40AM, so I din't think traffic is an issue...so you think the AE train is a better option?

Also, I've been reading about this octopus card-can it be used on bus,MTR and Ferry? Can I purchase Peak tram tickets with it, or should I get that online?

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Peak Tram terminus to Star Ferry pier to get back to TST?

Best way to get from HKIA to Mira hotel? I was planning on the free shuttle k4. Is this good, or do you suggest another way?

Octopus card-can it be used on ferry, MTR and bus? What about Peak tram tickets?

I'm in HK for 3 days/nights, and I'm unsure what my best option would be?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,314 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Peak Tram terminus to Star Ferry pier to get back to TST?

The free shuttle bus K4 doesn't operate from the airport, it operates from Kowloon Station to various hotels and is exclusively for Airport Express passengers but it doesn't serve The Mira.

Airport Express train from the airport to Kowloon Station takes 20 mins and the adult fare is HK$90, or, if there are two or more of you travelling together, group tickets are available which work out cheaper than individual singe-journey tickets;

mtr.com.hk/eng/…promotions_4persons.html

Taxi from Kowloon Station to the hotel should only take a few minutes and cost between about HK$22 and HK$30 plus HK$5 for each item of large luggage.

Taxi from airport to hotel should cost about HK$240 plus above luggage charge.

You can also take Cityflyer bus A21 from the airport, apprx every 10 mins. Adult fare HKK$33. Plenty of luggage space, scenic ride and free wi-fi. It stops on Nathan Road. Get off at stop 12 Kimberley Road, Nathan Road for The Mira (upcoming hotel names are displayed inside the bus). Journey time about an hour;

nwstbus.com.hk/routes/…

Octopus Card can be used on almost all public transport (bus, MTR, domestic ferries, trams, Peak Tram, green and some red minibuses). For the Peak Tram you use Octopus Card to pass through the platform entry barriers, no need to purchase tickets.

6. Re: Peak Tram terminus to Star Ferry pier to get back to TST?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:17