We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Air France Check in counter at Hong Kong Station

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
53 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Using Air France Check in counter at Hong Kong Station

Can anyone inform me of an Air France Check In Counter at the Hong Kong Air Express Station. Our flight to Paris leaves at 10.55 pm and we would like to check in our bags in the morning and spend the rest of the day free. We are travelling business and were wondering if we could access the business lounge when we arrive at the airport, approximately 4 hours before we depart. Last time we travelled we arrived at the airport with our luggage and could not check in because we were too early. The flight hadn't opened so we spent 3 or more hours sitting on the seats outside the Checkin, we could even get to the lounge to relax. If we send our bags via Hong Kong Station, do we need to buy another ticket to travel to the airport as I have read you purchase a ticket before you check them in. This will mean we will exit the station in Hong Kong after checking the bags, go sight seeing for the day and then travel via airport express later that day. Hope my enquiry makes sense and not too long winded. Thanking you in anticipation.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using Air France Check in counter at Hong Kong Station

mtr.com.hk/eng/…complom_checkin.html

mtr.com.hk/eng/getting_around/images/itci.pdf

Edited: 12 January 2014, 01:51
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,092 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Using Air France Check in counter at Hong Kong Station

You need to buy Airport Express tickets (or use Octopus Card) to allow you to access the In-Town Check-In counters at Hong Kong Station. Having checked in you are free to leave the station and return at any time same day and use the same tickets to open the platform entry barriers and enter the platform to travel to the airport. You do not need to buy additional tickets;

flickr.com/photos/…

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,092 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Using Air France Check in counter at Hong Kong Station

If you are travelling in a group of 2 or more people on the Airport Express you can save money by purchasing the Airport Express group ticket pack rather than individual tickets. These tickets can be used for access to the In-town Check-in area in the same way as standard single-journey Airport Express tickets;

mtr.com.hk/eng/…promotions_4persons.html

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
53 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using Air France Check in counter at Hong Kong Station

Thank you baron45, I did see these 2 sites. WHen you arrive at the airport, do you know if you can go straight to airport lounge for boarding, even if you arrive before the counter opens at airport?

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
53 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using Air France Check in counter at Hong Kong Station

Solent traveller, that's fabulous . I wasn't sure if we needed to purchase another ticket. Question answered

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Using Air France Check in counter at Hong Kong Station

Yes, once you arrive at the airport, you are considered "checked in" so you can bypass the counters and head directly to immigration. Then you can go straight to the lounge. These sites show different operating hours for the Air France lounge, but it looks both will suit your 10:55pm flight.

hongkongairport.com/eng/…airline-lounges.html

travelnerd.com/airports/…lounges

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
53 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Using Air France Check in counter at Hong Kong Station

Thank you Baron45 I appreciate your help and information

8. Re: Using Air France Check in counter at Hong Kong Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:18