We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym in Hong Kong International Airport ?

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Gym in Hong Kong International Airport ?

Hiya everyone

I have a very long lay off in Hong Kong International and I am just wondering is there a gym in the airport? It may seem like a strange thing to request but after a 14 hour flight I would love a way to wake my body up :) my bags should have already been booked through from my original departure point.

I would really appreciate any information on this. Thank you very much

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym in Hong Kong International Airport ?

The only possibility I know would be at the airport hotel: regalhotel.com/regal-airport-hotel/en/home/h… You could try contacting them and see if they have a day rate at their spa/gym.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,367 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym in Hong Kong International Airport ?

HK airport official website FAQ:

3. Is there any gym or swimming pool in the terminals?

You may approach the hotels(with a link) nearby which provide a range of recreational facilities such as gym, spa and swimming pool.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym in Hong Kong International Airport ?

Thank you very much for the replies. Since my bags would be booked through to my final destination would I be allowed to leave the airport? I am flying from Dublin-London-Hong kong-Busan

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym in Hong Kong International Airport ?

Leaving the airport would mean entering Hong Kong, having to go through Hong Kong Immigration. Whether you are allowed to enter Hong Kong is a matter of whether you are required to have a visa, regardless whether you have luggage with you.

Visitors from many countries can enter Hong Kong, visa free, such as Ireland passport holders. Check this page on any visa requirement for other passports:

immd.gov.hk/en/…visit-visa-entry-permit.html

Since there was no mentioning of the layover time, it would only make sense if you have 4 hours or more layover time at a minimum to leave the airport and go back, presuming that you want to see a little bit of the city.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gym in Hong Kong International Airport ?

Thank you for the info Happyfeet. I have an Irish passport and the layover is 8 hours so just checking out different options as I doubt I will be able to sleep.

6. Re: Gym in Hong Kong International Airport ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:18