We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in airport or hotel?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in airport or hotel?

We will be staying overnight at the Regal Hotel next to airport. Are we better to eat breakfast in hotel or can you get reasonably priced English style b/fast in airport. Hotel is charging 203HKD for buffet b/fast.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in airport or hotel?

There are a lot of restaurants offer the good breakfast, western style and Chinese style, you don't have to eat in the hotel. You can easily find one when you arrived.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,718 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in airport or hotel?

Sure there are reasonably priced food in the airport. There are fast food eateries, and eateries of a varieties. (I am not sure about a pure English style breakfast though.) 5 minute walk from Regal.

There are even more food options at the Citygate Mall at Tung Chung (restaurants and food court), if you want to take the S1 bus for a short ride there from your hotel.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in airport or hotel?

G'day, there are few breakfast options available in HKIA, but shudder the thought as I have yet to find one that can serve me a great English breakfast- with my nice sunny side up, rasher of bacon, baked beans and bangers, and mushroom which are tossed and stirred in vegetable oil ( they used peanut oil).

Then again I will not spend HKD203 for buffet breakfast- walking around carrying an empty plate and visiting station of food, then serving yourself in the morning.

Check if they have a la carte menu.

Otherwise, it could be Starbucks, Pacific Coffee, Peak Lookout in the airport.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,746 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in airport or hotel?

Are you talking about a full English breakfast like mKiaratravel described or just western style breakfast. I doubt that you'll find a bull English breakfast at the airport or at Tung Chung mall. In any event why fly 4,500 miles to the best concentration of Chinese food in the world just to eat an English breakfast, when you can find perfectly good English breakfast back home?

melbourne
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in airport or hotel?

Hi all, I actually would be happy to have eggs on toast for b/fast not the full English B/fast. We do love chinese food just not for b/fast. We don't fly out till late at night so thought we would go into HK city for a decent chinese lunch or yum cha.

Can anyone recommend a place to go for great yum cha?

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast in airport or hotel?

I certainly wouldn't want to be sitting next to you on a long flight, if you consumed that lot, Mkia !!!

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast in airport or hotel?

>>>Can anyone recommend a place to go for great yum cha?<<<

Just too many places to list. Where will likely be around lunch time? Do you prefer some place upscale or mid-range family type restaurant?

melbourne
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast in airport or hotel?

Hi TeddyB

We will probably be in Tsim Sha Tsui & prefer mid-range restaurant.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,746 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast in airport or hotel?

There are a couple of dim sum places in malls in Tsim Sha Tsui (actually many more than a couple). Try the iSquare mall. These are on the upper floors. They have good views too.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast in airport or hotel?

steve_ben2004, you sure? I have that bottle of champagne for you and air stewardess likes my charm or well, am that horny old man that always have no problem engaging in great chat with the cabin crews.

In fact, which part consumed that lot..the champagne?? yep, in one of my flight just from KL to Singapore, the air stewardess brought a bottle of champagne to serve us,and after choosing which one, she poured into the flûte,then slowly walking away, I asked "where are you going with that bottle"..leave it here and save you alot of time, and together with another CEO of a company, both of us finished that bottle.....well, it was on Singapore Airlines..flew so much with them...got my Solitaire PPS Club Membership within 3 years.