We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions on disneyland pls help

singapore
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Topic
questions on disneyland pls help

Main objective of the trip is to go disneyland for my 5 yr old daughter therefore i wld like to get as much information on hand possible to ensure a smooth experience for her .

1) 3 adults + 1 5yr old so 4 of us so shld i book a disney tour with the hotel agency i think call grayline ? or i shld do it on my own is cheaper means buying tickets myself and arranging transport ( most prob take a cab since taking mtr works out abt the same as cab for us } wat say u ?

2) if gg myself is cheaper where can i buy the disney entrance tickets ? is it cheaper online or just thro walk-in and if i do walk-in isit queue is gone be long ???

3) i,m planning to go on a friday which happens to be my birthday too ! Friday ( April ) being a wkend is going to be crowded ?

4) what time shld i start off from my hotel ( royal plaza ) ? and shld i stay till the end for the fireworks display since i,m leaving 1 whole day at the theme park ?

Thank you all .

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: questions on disneyland pls help

I'm not sure how you get the idea that a taxi would be as cheap as the MTR. But even if it is, if you take a taxi your daughter doesn't get to ride on the Disney train :-). Which is nice for 5-year-olds. Yes weekends are more crowded than weekdays.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: questions on disneyland pls help

Taxi from Prince Edward or Mong Kok Station to Disneyland would be about HK$190 each way. MTR fare for three adults one child would be about HK$72 each way or HK$64 if using Octopus Card.

If taking MTR allow about an hour from leaving hotel to reach Disneyland including walking to MTR station from hotel and walking from Disneyland Station to the park entrance.

You can buy tickets at the park entrance. Highly unlikely that there will be any queue worth speaking of.

Whether you stay for the fireworks is entirely up to you.

As long as its not a public holiday Friday the park shouldn't be any more crowded than on a normal weekday.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,921 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions on disneyland pls help

There is no need to take a tour, just DIY. No way is taxi as cheap as the MTR. You can just buy tickets at the entrance. Staying for the whole day is going to be tiring for your 5 yr old, so build in a lot of rest time.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,696 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: questions on disneyland pls help

It doesn't make economic sense to join a "tour" just to go to Disneyland. You are paying for packaged tour price just for transportation and admission tickets. I would bet that what you pay for the packaged tour would be much higher than what you pay if you were to even taking a taxi (the more expensive option) and buy your admission tickets. Beside, unless grayline picks up at your hotel or else you would need to seek transportation to the hotel where they pick up from. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Get your discounted tickets from CTS (at the airport) or something... and ride the MTR (if not minding the longer commute time), or taxi.

singapore
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: questions on disneyland pls help

thank you for the feedback . gurellia surgeon you mention about the disney train which i don't quite understand ? i thought disney train runs from inside of the theme park ?

1) considering i have a young and an old i,l definitely go via taxi since 1 hr journey may start to tire them out . may i ask how long is the journey via taxi from royal plaza hotel to disneyland ?

2 )what time does the theme park opens ?

3 ) any disc for child ( 5 yr old ) and senior citizen (62 yr old ) ?

4) any must ride / try rides for a 4yr old ?

5) is there fireworks display on fri and what time does it starts 7pm ? 8pm ? and you can see it from any part of the theme park ?

Thank you .

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,593 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: questions on disneyland pls help

The train Guerilla is referring to is the driverless Disney-themed MTR train which operates the Disneyland Resort Line, the last leg of the MTR journey to Disneyland from Sunny Bay Station (4 mins journey);

https:/…

Taxi journey, probably about 30 mins under normal traffic conditions.

Opening time, 9-30am or 10am, check the park calendar on the HK Disneyland website for exact opening time for the date you intend visiting;

…hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/…

The fireworks take place every day at park closing time -again check the park calendar, usually 8pm or 9pm. The fireworks are launched from Sleeping Beauty Castle in Fantasyland.

Most attractions are suitable for 4 year old but there are age/height restrictions for some rides;

AUTOPIA - 137cm for driver, 81cm for passenger

SPACE MOUNTAIN - 102cm

TOY SOLDIER PARACHUTE DROP - 81cm. Children under 7 should be accompanied by a guest 16 yrs or older or meet 137cm height requirement

RC RACER - 120cm. Children under 7 should be accompanied by a guest 16 yrs or older or meet 137cm height requirement

SLINKY DOG SPIN - Children under 7 should be accompanied by a guest 16 yrs or older or meet 137cm height requirement

RUNAWAY MINE TRAIN - 112cm

There are concessionary admission prices for child and senior;

Make sure to get the park times guide leaflet when you arrive at the park, which gives details of specific details of operating hours of shows and rides for the day of your visit. Also make sure to take advantage of the free Fastpass system to avoid queues for some rides;

singapore
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: questions on disneyland pls help

thks for the info - i,m pretty worried abt nt being able to get the tickets if i buy on the spot/ entrance am i being paranoid ? shld i buy from airport itself ?

1} is e disney theme mtr train very interesting or its jus posters n posters inside the mtr ? or i can consider to take the disney theme mtr on the way bk instead ?

2) is there also a disney theme monorail train inside the park that goes round the park ?

3) how do they actually measure the kid height ? do they have a person taking the height of the kid @ e start of the quene ? my kid is not very adventurous and usu needs an adult to go on the rides with her .

4) just ran thro the brochure of disneyland shld i start from the left side of the park with the grusly bear. toy story etc and ends @ tomorrow land and eventually the fireworks show ?

5) friend who went disneyland told me not to go early as the theme park is really small so maybe half a day and you be tired and finish with the selected rides and prob choose to opt out on the fireworks display ? but she is an adult where else i,m traveling with a 5 yr old may hve to factor in the rest time , milk feed , nap time etc ??? what say u ?

6)shld i decide to tke a taxi bk to my hotel is there readily available outside the theme park ? if yes , do the taxi works on meter on by fixing a std price ?

last but nt least hw does the foc fast pass works ?

singapore
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: questions on disneyland pls help

Anybody can help ?

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: questions on disneyland pls help

It's highly unlikely you won't get tickets at the gates, so, I wouldn't worry about that! If you are looking for discounted tickets, as suggested, go to China Travel Service (there is a counter at the Airport, but there are many branches around).

The Disney theme train is more interesting for kids than it is for adults. It just is very Mickey-themed, for example, with Mickey-shaped windows and the handles you hold onto are Mickey-shaped. If you just google image 'Disney MTR Hong Kong', you'll get some examples. You can go on the way there or back - Up to you entirely, but, me personally, I'd take the MTR there on the way to Disneyland, as it builds the excitement. If you don't want the MTR both journeys, I'd just take a taxi on the way back.

There is usually a train that runs inside the theme park, but because they are building an Ironman experience, it has been suspended until 2015.

There is usually a height sign (which your child can stand against) outside the ride, so, if your child is not tall enough, then, they are unable to ride on it.

I don't think it matters where you start, but, most generally suggest going straight to the back of the park and working your way around.

I actually think a full day is a good idea, especially with young children because there will be a lot of stopping and starting. I always think it's best to go from before opening time to after the fireworks, so, you can make the most out of your day, particularly before any mass crowds come on in. Yes, no doubt that some people will only need half a day, but, I personally think you're better off spending a full day there - You did pay for it, after all!

If you're tired, then, no problems taking a taxi - Most direct way back to your hotel, which is why I would say go for the MTR on the way to Disneyland so you can build up excitement (and take photos) on the Disney train, and then, if you don't want the MTR on the way back, just take a taxi. Yes, there are plenty of taxis around. The taxis should always be going according to the amount listed on the meter. While it may happen on occasion, the majority of taxi drivers are honest, so, they will not try and rip you off.

The Fast Pass is only applicable for certain rides. You grab a ticket, and can come back at the later time and go straight through to the Fast Pass lane, which usually means you can get ahead of other people in the 'normal' line.

singapore
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: questions on disneyland pls help

hi aris thank you so much for the info . i have look thro e website and find the disney theme mtr interesting and of cse tp take a few shots.

I don't mind taking the mtr from my hotel royal plaza to disneyland but heard the journey is going to be 1hr therefore as i mentioned before i,m worried if it will tire out the young and the old what say you ? and if its not which line shld i start out from my hotel ? mongkong or tst ?

or shld i although it sound silly to consider taking the taxi to the final stop where the disney themed mtr

starts just to take the train and to take pictures ??

If i were to take the 1 hr mtr all the way may also means i have to set off very early from the hotel and the preparation part i think is gone take some time thats partly the reason why i wan to take cab both ways ?

the day i,m going will be on a friday and opens from 10am -8pm .

fyi my daughter has a very bad temper and throws temtraums all e time when she is tired and deprive of sleep therefore i,m worried a full day event is gone tire her out too although i would very much of course to stay @ e park e whole day .

Edited: 26 February 2014, 10:32