We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One sim card for Hongkong and Shenzhen?

Medan
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
One sim card for Hongkong and Shenzhen?

I do need a help in regards with mobile operator in Hongkong which is also can be use in Shenzhen as well for a week. Which operator is offering cheapest rate for data and call? Please advice.

Thank you

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,291 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: One sim card for Hongkong and Shenzhen?

ChinaMobile offers a one SIM, two numbers option, also for pre-paid cards (good for visitors). Then you have a SIM with both a Hong Kong number and a mainland China number. They also offer data packages. Check out their web site for details on pricing and options.

https:/…prepaid_services

Other providers may also offer such service, I'm only familiar with ChinaMobile as happy customer. Other posters may know about other providers.

2. Re: One sim card for Hongkong and Shenzhen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2018, 17:31
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,056 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One sim card for Hongkong and Shenzhen?

Bill W, all your 7 posts are touting the same SIM card.

4. Re: One sim card for Hongkong and Shenzhen?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2018, 17:31
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One sim card for Hongkong and Shenzhen?

STAY AWAY FROM OneSimCard - they have terrible service.

Their app started working incorrectly when I got to the UK which caused incorrect menu choices, in my initial case, when purchasing the correct data pack. When I attempted to call service department 3 times, their people hung up within a couple seconds of taking the call.

I used the online support chat, the attendant didn't pay attention to what I wrote. When I said "I DOESN'T WORK" I was accused of using fowl language and they just disconnected.

I called their support number a fourth time (this time via Skype). When the service attendant couldn't solve my problem, after talking over me and not listening to my requests, she hung up on me when I started asking for a manager. Apparently they don't have managers 24/7.. which is completely useless when you consider they sell a product specifically intended to be used globally. How very American to only offer full support services during American business hours, 5 days a week.

The staff's complete unwillingness to solve a problem means I would highly recommend everyone to STAY AWAY from OneSimCard.

The pricing is okay (less of a rip-off than other providers), but if you have ANY problems, I hope for your sake they happen when it suits OneSimCard to help you.

NOTE: I have a video of the app malfunctioning and I'm happy to share it if you'd like me to verify my claims.

6. Re: One sim card for Hongkong and Shenzhen?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 22 September 2015, 05:15