We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kin Yin Lei Mansion, Stubbs Rd

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kin Yin Lei Mansion, Stubbs Rd

Wondering if any our Hong Kong members who are familiar with the Bowen Fitness Trail would know if the King Yin Lei Mansion is accessible from the Trail itself or only from Stubbs Road? The Mansion looks like a worthwhile place to visit if one is in the area.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

John

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kin Yin Lei Mansion, Stubbs Rd

The entrance to the building is from Stubbs Road, which is well above Bowen Road. I don't expect you can even see the mansion well from Bowen Road considering the height differences. You can see it quite well from Stubbs Road, and indeed it's quite nice.

Besides, afaik it's closed to the public. I visited the place a few years ago on a special open day; that was quite interesting. I have no idea what the current use of the building is.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,414 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kin Yin Lei Mansion, Stubbs Rd

Its actually "King Yin Lei Mansion". Currently awaiting the outcome of proposals for its "revitalisation";

info.gov.hk/gia/…P201312160349.htm

The deadline for tenders has been extended to May.

You can walk up to the entrance gates on Stubbs Road but as stated in #1 I don't think you can see it from Bowen Road. There are public open days from time time, the last was in December and I don't think any more have yet been announced.

Edited: 16 April 2014, 05:24
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
868 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kin Yin Lei Mansion, Stubbs Rd

The open days of King Yin Lei have now ended and the interior furniture - on loan to the Govt - has been returned to its former owner, Stephen Yow.

Sadly, you won't be able to get inside.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kin Yin Lei Mansion, Stubbs Rd

Thanks to all for the information!

John

5. Re: Kin Yin Lei Mansion, Stubbs Rd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:15