We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days in Hong Kong

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
6 days in Hong Kong

We are a family group of 8 ranging in age from a 11 and 16 year old, through to a 71 year old, who are planning to visit Hong Kong next year for about 6 nights before splitting up and going to different beach resorts in the Far East. The elder two used to live and work in Hong Kong in the 1980's and have visited several times since returning to the UK. I recall that some of the hotels are not particularly "child friendly" and will not allow youngsters in the hotel bar area. Likewise I am not sure if children will be permitted in some of the restaurant/bars where we would like to eat.

Any advice on the above would be much appreciated. We are in the "planning " stage and really looking forward to the visit to Hong Kong

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days in Hong Kong

Most hotel bars and I'd say all hotel restaurants welcome your 16 years old as long as he doesn't order alcoholic beverage... Clubs and bars in Lan Kwai Fong is another story though

The 11 years old will be a bit young for some very fine dining establishment (I think the Gladys and the Felix at the Peninsula do not welcome guest below 12) but he should be alright in most of the place like all day restaurants or coffee shops even in the very high end hotels

I would suggest your asking the place you are interested in to make sure the minors are welcomed and most of those who would turn away your 11 years old would require reservations anyway

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,038 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days in Hong Kong

Hi,

Most hotels welcome children in Hong Kong - I've stayed at most of the 5 * hotels & children have always been highly respected.

The only problem you will have is at some of the high end bars where naturally children would not be welcomed.

Hong Kong, China
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days in Hong Kong

As a fyi, a friend recommends Ozone at the Ritz-Carlton in ICC on the Kowloon side, where kids are allowed till 8 pm :) Not sure how much that helps but generally there are plenty of places which will take kids in.

4. Re: 6 days in Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:16