We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

Hi we are an Indian family comprising of 2 adults (me and my hubby) and our 6yr old daughter...hailing fm Mumbai, India.

We are planning our first trip to Hongkong/Macau for 5 nights 6 days in Hongkong and 2 nights 3 days in Macau

The dates which have shortlisted are 15th arrival in Hong Kong and 20/5/2014 departure to Macau and then 22/5/2014 departure to Mumbai India.

We finalised on the stay part. Hotel Novotel Nathan, Kowloon in Hong Kong and Venetian in Macau.

Pls guide us whether the dates decided are good as in it is not clashing with any public holiday so as to affect are sightseeing. Also pls note that there is weekend during our stay.

Also pls suggest us a good sight seeing itinerary which help us to cover Hongkong /Macau fm both my daughter and Me and my hubby's point.

We are quite keen on the Disneyland, Oceanic park. So pls advise accordingly.

Looking forward to your immediate response.

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Macau
Macau
China
Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

Er... you do realise we don't get paid for this right? Here are some links that might help you plan.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26165-Hong_Kon…

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23948-Hong_Kon…

Pse. feel free to post again when you have worked out what you would like to do and we will be pleased to make further suggestions :-).

Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have gone through the links provided. Have shortlisted the following locations :

Hong Kong Disneyland

Ocean Park

Star Ferry

Ding ding Tram

Peak by Tram

10000 Buddha Monestry

Big Buddha

Ngong Ping 360

Nan Lian Garden

Chi Lin Nunnery

Hong Kong Park

Victoria Park

Avenue of Stars

Mongkok Street Market

Stanley Market

Causeway

Tshim Hsa Shui

Although we know the locations as mentioned by you in the list however would request you to Kindly guide us how do we plan our visit of 6 days starting from 15th April Afternoon till 20th April ( 6 days ). also if you could advise the time of the day thses locations are best visited as this is our first visit to Hong Kong and we wish to make the best out of it.

Mentioned in this post
Nan Lian Garden
Nan Lian Garden
3,580 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
3. Re: travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 05:35
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

Hi,

if recalling correctly sometime back , a forumer @wvmarle had provided you a link indicating public holidays of Macau.

In a nutshell:-

Disneyland and Ocean Park- could be a one day affair

StarFerry,Tsim Sha Tsui, Avenue of Stars,Peak by Tram, Mongkok street market- one day,with a early morning ride on StarFerry across Victoria Harbour,then bus to the Lower Peak tram terminus for the Peak tram(do it early before the crowd arrive)..can also include HK Park.

Ngong Ping/Big Buddha, Nan Lian& Chi Lin- early morning to Ngong Ping,then to Nan Lian and Chi Lin.

Mentioned in this post
Macau
Macau
China
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

I would suggest to delete "Victoria Park". It is a city park, Hong Kong's largest. But nothing too interesting. Concrete soccer fields. Public swimming pools. A fake man-made hill. That's about it.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,367 posts
6,130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

Firoza S,

Use the search box at the top of this page and type in various search requests like 'itinerary 5 days' and other similar question tags and you will find many past discussions regarding various itineraries. Many (if not most) contain many attractions you are interested in visiting. As such, you can use these to construct your itinerary.

Do this first, repost your draft itinerary here and the forum posters will be glad to critique and offer helpful thoughts and suggestions.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
8,024 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

I don't think I have a link to Macau holidays, as I don't care too much about that place. I do have links for HK holidays. A simple Google search brings those up, as well.

Ocean Park and Disneyland - a one day affair, one day each that is. Just to unambiguous about that. Doing both in one day is too much, can't really enjoy either.

Mentioned in this post
Macau
Macau
China
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

thanks for all your response... Upon your suggestion have worked out the following itinerary :

Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

thanks for all your suggestion... have worked out the following itinerary :

arriving Hongkong on 15th at 6.50 morning.. should be out fm the Airport by 9 o'clock.

then head to our hotel Novotel Nathan on Temple street and have some good brunch on our way to the hotel ( pls guide us a nice restaurant on our way )

Should be checking in by 2.00pm. Planned to visit the following :

Victoria Peak ( take the Peak Tram up, bus 15 down

TST/Avenue of Stars and from TST move for Star Ferry Pier Ride/Symphony of Light 8 PM show

and last browse the Temple street market. ( Will it be possible to do so many activities?)

16th - Visit Disneyland - Enjoy entire day there.

17th - Visit Nan Lian Garden, Chi Lin Nunnery and Hong Kong Science Museum ( pls guide anything else we can plan as we shall have ample time )

18th : Visit Ngong Ping 360, the Big Buddha, Man Fat Sze - 10,000 Buddha Monastery

Tai O fishing village and Sai Kung. ( Shall we able to cover all these)

19th : Ocean Park - Entire Day

20th : we shall be checking out of our Hotel and heading to Macau.

Pls guide is this Itinerary good.. if you could provide your suggestion... it would be very helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Tai O
Tai O
1,478 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Sai Kung
Sai Kung
1,157 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Macau
Macau
China
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
37,698 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travelling to hongkong and Macau first time

Your days look very busy & some don't flow. You won't be able to visit Sai Kung on the same day as Lantau Island as they are on opposite sides of the SAR. Just go with the flow. You don't need to overplan. Do what you can fit in and come back another time for the rest :)

Mentioned in this post
Sai Kung
Sai Kung
1,157 Reviews
Hong Kong, China