We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

Mumbai (Bombay...
6 posts
Save Topic
What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

Hello ppl,

I know this is different situation, my arrival is at 7am and hotel checkin is at 6pm. please give some advice where to spend the in between time. and pls don't suggest to pay extra and checkin early.. cannot do that cuz the booking is with the other person's name and the person's flight will arrive around 6pm.. I cannot checkin before 6pm nor change booking name. pls help..

thx!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,623 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

I cannot understand what you are asking.

You can do anything you like. What is the difficulty? Having to lug around your luggage, is that the issue? You can try to contact the hotel's concierge and see if you can drop off your luggage at the hotel before your friend checks in, and then go out sight-seeing.

We have no idea where you are staying (area-wise). And you are asking others to suggest you what to do.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,799 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

Drop your luggage at the hotel first. Check out the Layover item on the right side of this page under top questions.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,058 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

>>>pls don't suggest to pay extra and checkin early.. cannot do that cuz the booking is with the other person's name and the person's flight will arrive around 6pm<<<

Of course you can.

You simply get the 'other' person to contact the hotel in advance by email, authorizing you to check in on your behalf. You simply need to present your ID, and a credit card.

Alternately, you get the 'other' person to contact the hotel, and get them to add your name to the reservation - as it's not a change of name, it's called a 'Share Reservation'.

If all else fails, drop the luggage off, freshen up and go out for the day. Plenty to do

Edited: 08 May 2014, 22:32
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,058 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

Edit time out -

Supposed to read "on *their* behalf"

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

Most hotels will store your luggage for a few hours before you check-in. In fact I've never come across such a late check-in time – although my experience isn't all that extensive, I'd have thought most hotels would check you in at 2 p.m. or thereabouts?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,058 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

The OP isnt saying the hotel check in is 6pm.

The person whose name the reservation is held under, does not arrive until 6pm.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

If the "other person" lands at 6pm, he/she won't be able to get to the hotel until around 7:30 to 8 pm, unless the hotel is in the airport area. You are going to have a long layover.

I would try to do what KVE1005 suggested.

8. Re: What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 05:41
Mumbai (Bombay...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

Thanks for replies everyone..

Yeah the hotel is near the airport I guess.. It's the empire hotel..

Well I was asking if there is any hang out place where I can crash till 6pm..

Sight seeing yeh...ummm . But I guess it's raining there.. Dunno just where to spend time the in between time..

Mumbai (Bombay...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do between 8am -6pm before hotel checkin

Area is tsim sha tsui