We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first day plan in Hongkong

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
first day plan in Hongkong

Hi... we shall be arriving Hong Kong by our flight at 6.50am.... shall be reaching our hotel on Nathan Road at around 11 or 12noon after having our breakfast and bus ride.

Can you pls guide which attraction can be covered on this day as we do not wish to waste... we are family of three.. me, my husband and our 6yr old daughter.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,781 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first day plan in Hongkong

I think you can reach your hotel a bit sooner than 11 or 12, unless you are having a very long breakfast. There are lots that can be done, depending on what you will be doing after the first day. You can walk along Nathan Rd, have a dim sum lunch, ride the Star Ferry to HK, ride the ding ding tram on the HK side, or even go up to the Peak.

Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first day plan in Hongkong

i think you are right. we will reach hotel early drop our baggage and head to the garden road peak tram lower terminus and visit the peak. Lunch at Peak, come back in the evening and visit avenue of stars, star ferry ride. We were also interested into Duk ling but someone mentioned that it is not operational. please guide the above plan for the day is well planned ?

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,744 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first day plan in Hongkong

You will likely reach your Novotel Nathan Road Hotel at around 9am. They probably won't let you have the room yet until the afternoon. You can leave your luggage at the hotel and go out and sight-see.

Just going to The Peak until the evening, you can have a looooonnng breakfast or loooooonnnnng lunch. The Peak itself will last you about 2 hours or so, plus the transportation getting there and back. The morning time is a good time to visit the peak without the long queue for the Peak Tram. Can probably come back to hotel around 2pm/3pm, get your room, rest/nap for a few hours and go out again, or else may be a super-tiring day (plane ride, arrive early + all day agenda).

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,243 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first day plan in Hongkong

Hello,

Aside from gathering a few ideas to go sightseeing nearby - all the suggestions above are great, love the lunch, walk ferry idea - I wouldn't plan anything and see what you feel like on the day. Especially don't plan any 'timed' or 'time scheduled' activities of any sort.

Of course it's subjective, but I personally don't enjoy a 'must do X,Y,Z on Day One' type of itinerary.

Edited: 10 May 2014, 22:24
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first day plan in Hongkong

Thank you all... I feel sorted now😊

Nes Ziona
Level Contributor
198 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first day plan in Hongkong

We will be arriving at 13:50 after an 11 hour flight and going to the Silka Seaview Hotel. I'm sure we will be exhausted but I don't want to waste the entire day. Other than going for dinner, any suggestions as to what we can do in the evening. We will only have 1 more night in Hong Kong before we go to Macau.

Thanking you in advance.

Barb

Edited: 17 May 2014, 06:52
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,744 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first day plan in Hongkong

The proximity of Silka Seaview Hotel to Mong Kok and Tsim Sha Tsui... in the evening... good for browsing Tsim Sha Tsui harbour-front promenade, Avenue of the Stars, observing night views of the Victoria Harbour, (if time matches) Symphony of Lights starting at 8:00 pm. Later in the evening - browse Temple Street Night Market and/or Ladies Market - both open until about midnight. Bars/Lounges with drinks and a view of the harbour - e.g. Lobby Lounge (Intercontinental Hotel), Sky Lounge (Sheraton Hotel), Felix Lounge (The Peninsula Hotel), etc... Riding Star Ferry across the harbour, and back.

Nes Ziona
Level Contributor
198 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first day plan in Hongkong

Thank you HappyFeet1234, for the great evening options.

Barb

9. Re: first day plan in Hongkong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:16