We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights in hongkong ! 2 night in macau

ahmedabad
9 posts
Save Topic
5 nights in hongkong ! 2 night in macau

Hi

We are 8 adults and 8 kids below 10 years travelling to hongkong and Macau next week . In hongkong we will stay @ The kowloon hotel Nathan road .in hongkong we will stay for 5 nights

Day 1. Will stroll around tsim Sam shui

Day 2 . Disneyland

Day 3. Ocean park and city tour ( which covers the peak

Day 4. Day trip to shenzen to visit windows of world

DAY 5. Lantau island

Day 6. The Venetian Macau

DAY 7 . Macau

I guess this itenary would be the best one ! But I have some query regarding tickets and transportation

1. Should I travel by private vehicle ( two vans for group so would it be convenient to travel by MTR AND BUS

2. If I use public transport than I should I go for octopus card . if yes how this card would help me

3. To travel to Macau which ferry and ferry teinal would you suggest from Hotel kowloon and from where should I buy ferry tickets

4. To travel to windows of world I have heard you don't visa if you are traveling in a group of 3 people ! What would be the best way to travel to windows of world

suggestions would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 nights in hongkong ! 2 night in macau

hongkongairport.com/eng/…taxi.html

Here are the main transport options with prices and timetables. You could possibly hire a minivans, but you would have to make arrangements with a firm that hires out vans and drivers (don't know prices tho, it's uncommon. With 16 people obviously you would need 4 taxis. That would be expensive. Personally I would get a group ticket/s on the AirPort Express and a short taxi ride where the number of taxis won't be such an issue. Or catch one of the buses. They do take quite a lot longer, but there is plenty of room for your luggage and 16 people :-).

Edited: 15 May 2014, 05:47
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 nights in hongkong ! 2 night in macau

Hi,

a question I have,have you got your visa for China already..re your trip to Shenzhen? your re 4..are you eligible for normal China visa?

then for this group, you have to go with a organised tour with a registered HK travel agent e.g. CTS, Grayline.

your Re 3- go with Turbojet,and depart from China Ferry Terminal(on Canton Road in Tsim Sha Tsui). Buy ticket from ticketing channel of Turbojet.i.e online, or at their counter or self vending ticketing kiosks in the terminal.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,456 posts
5,665 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 nights in hongkong ! 2 night in macau

For your trip to Macau, these might be helpful.

Macau Day Trip from HK (what you need to know)

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Macau Day Trip (Macau Highlights – Day Trip)

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g664891-d251…

Macau – Top Attractions (by area)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26979-Macau_To…

Macau World Heritage (by area)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i33082-Macau_Wo…

If you have any questions about the Macau part of your trip feel free to visit the Macau forum on TA and ask there.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 nights in hongkong ! 2 night in macau

Hello,

Best is to leave with a pre-organised package which includes transportation and other things, Packages from India to HK/Macau are convenient/Flexible and comparably cheap.

Hongkong has super Public Transport system but with such big group it would be hectic.

Do not miss Excursion to the Macau Tower also visit the Victoria peak during after Dark.

Best Regards,

Piyush Sengar

ahmedabad
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 nights in hongkong ! 2 night in macau

Thanks all for your reply

Don't have shenzen visa but have heard u don't need visa if u r going to shenzen in a group ? Whom should I contact ?

Have confirmed to my hotel in hongkong regarding airport express bus ! They told me it does drop in front of hotel ! I guess this would be the best way to go to hotel . Can I use octopus card to travel by airport express buses

Piyush I have been to singapore and bangkok by arranging tours frm India but finally end up waiting every time atleast for 45 minutes for vouchers and tickets ! So thought to do it ourself this time !

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 nights in hongkong ! 2 night in macau

For such a group you may consider hiring a 24-seater bus for at least some transfers (like to/from Ocean Park and Disney). Try http://www.hkcoach.com.hk/en/, I've used them a few times for an airport pick-up job, worked well. Cheaper than four taxis for sure! Airport transfer expect about $1,200. Could well be cheaper than Airport Express for such a group. And for sure is more convenient.

Itinerary sounds like a disaster in the making with eight under-10 children. Three theme parks in three days, plus the border crossing in and out of China, and on top of that a city tour and the peak? Those kids are going to be so tired! All those impressions. Even for adults without children it's probably too much.

For visa rules, don't ask here, ask the Chinese embassy. That's the one and only place where you can get the really true answer. There exist indeed "tour group" visa arrangements but I doubt you'll be called "tour group" if you're not on a trip organised by a formal travel agent, and don't have a guide with you. But then again, this is not the forum for such questions.

Kowloon Hotel is close to China Ferry Pier (10-15 mins walk - probably the best way to go there from that hotel unless you have a lot of luggage to carry around as well).

Edited: 15 May 2014, 16:44
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,632 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 nights in hongkong ! 2 night in macau

>> Can I use octopus card to travel by airport express buses <<

You can, but it is best that you don't.

If you are going to take the Airport Express train from the airport to Kowloon Station, followed by the complimentary shuttle bus to Kowloon Hotel:

Best to get 2 sets of "group of 4" discount tickets from Airport to Kowloon Station, HKD $220 for 4 people, for the 8 adults. And purchase 8 child tickets, HKD $45 each, because they pay half price. If you pay with Octopus cards, all adults pay full fare (HKD $90 each).

= = = = =

>> Don't have shenzen visa but have heard u don't need visa if u r going to shenzen in a group ? <<

Not quite correct. You still need visas. But in a group, you can arrange through a travel agent which packages it as a "tour". It is not really a "tour" tour. You are basically paying the travel agent to arrange a "tour" so you all can get the visa.

Read this: "144-hour Convenient Visa"

discoverhongkong.com/uk/…index.jsp

Read SolentTraveller's reply #5 in this:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k716…

= = = = =

Hong Kong is easy to get around with public transportation - mainly MTR (subway) and buses.

For Disneyland:

Use MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station, Tsuen Wan Line, to Lai King Station, cross-platform transfer, to Tung Chung Line, to Sunny Bay Station, transfer to Disneyland Resort Line, to Disneyland Resort. Same way back, journey in reverse.

For Ocean Park:

Use MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station, take Tsuen Wan Line to Admiralty Station. Alight. Go to bus stop and board bus 629, dedicated for Ocean Park. As for "city tour" after Ocean Park, not sure who offers it or what you planned to do.

As for Shenzhen, Windows of the World:

Use MTR East Tsim Sha Tsui Station, take West Rail Line, 1 stop to Hung Hom. Transfer to East Rail Line, take train to either Lo Wu or Lok Ma Chau. Cross the border. (Visa needed). On the Shenzhen side, you can take Shenzhen MTR to Window of the World. Not too difficult.

RE: Lantau Island - not clear what you want to do. Presumably Ngong Ping 360 cable car, Big Buddha + Po Lin. Maybe Tai O. You can take MTR to Tung Chung and start from there.

Renting a 24-seater van seems an overkill for me, using it as a transportation vehicle from point A to point B (most of your itinerary). You are paying a rate that is probably higher than taking taxis, have the 24-seater van wait for you for 8 to 10 hours while you enjoy the park, only to bring you back to the hotel. Just doesn't make enough economic sense to me. If you are going to rent a 24-seater for the day, maybe you can do a "drive-by" tour all over Hong Kong for that day, not just for transporting to Disneyland.

Macau: From Kowloon Hotel, use China Ferry Terminal... about a 500 to 600 meter walk, on streets that may be crowded. Travel light. Backpack is the best. Carry-on only is the second best. One adult, take one child. Orderly. Not a big deal. On the Macau side, there are free shuttles that can take you from Macau ferry terminals (best to sail to Macau Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal - MOHFT, aka Macau Maritime Ferry Terminal) to The Venetian Hotel.

8. Re: 5 nights in hongkong ! 2 night in macau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:17