We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

Some time ago I visited Grand Hyatt HK and my son's finger was seriously injured by a small piece of broken glass inside the swimming pool at 11/F.

The Hotel management did not vacate the swimming pool and putting other swimmers at risks.

After pool closure, the hotel staff found a total of 3 pieces of broken glass which were suspected to be broken wine or beer bottles from the Party the night before.

I complained but Grand Hyatt HK did not apologize and did not pay for the medical expenses for my son!

How can I complain this?

Mrs. Cheung

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,182 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

email, letter, on their website... etc. If you are still not satisfied you can complain all the all the way to their headquarter...

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

Thanks for the advice.

I had to pay for the medical expenses myself in the hospital.

I did send my complaint to GH headquarters in US. They just don't care and referred me back to the HK General Manager who walked away, 4 days later when I wanted to talk with him on this incident because I did not hear from him.

Indeed, no progress for the past 18 months. I just have to continue to send emails to their headquarters.

Very unpleasant experience on dealing with GH.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

Thanks for the advice.

I did send my complaint to GH headquarters in US. They just don't care and referred me back to the HK General Manager who walked away, 4 days later when I wanted to talk with him on this incident because I did not hear from him.

Indeed, no progress for the past 18 months. I just have to continue to send emails to their headquarters.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

Thanks for the advice.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

Thanks again....... I trus5 you must be an experienced traveller.....what else I could do to ask Grand Hyatt to

Refund the medical expenss and compensate

Give my fammily an apology?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,416 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

What was the exact dialogue on the day of the event?

I'm only asking this, because you must have been privy to some conversation when or after the pool closed, for you to know this evidence was actually found.

Was any part of this complaint put in writing? And if so, what date was the written correspondence lodged? In addition, do you have access to medical records of the incident?

Beyond corresponding to the executive regional management, there is little else you can do by yourself. Your only alternative is to seek legal advice.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,692 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

Did you have travel insurance? If you do, you could have filed a claim (not sure if it's too late at this point) to recoup the medical cost.

Your legal rights would depend on what sort of evidence you have. Normally, this sort of issue gets taken of on-the-spot.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,182 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

At the end of the day, the last resort was to take legal action and / or notify the media

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
12,131 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

If it is not that serious and relatively small cost, just forget it. Dragging it on to fight a long battle does you no good. For revenge, you can post it online everywhere, but few people will care. Things like this happen at home or anywhere, accidents often have no fault, management was not professional, at least they should pretend they care, but if facing a vengeful nasty mother who is making a federal case out of a small cut finger, I may turn and walk away too.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Will you stay in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

The point is there even no apology for what had happened. The m

Hotel management attitude was that it happened so what? This time is only a cut on a finger, next time, may be a cut on the face? The hotel takes no precaution on what might happen next. Dies it still deserve to be a 6 star other? Why should we still let them doing business?