We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HK or Bangkok For Tailoring

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Topic
HK or Bangkok For Tailoring

Hi - I'm going to be in both in the coming weeks. I'm looking at getting some shirts tailored, undecided about a suit, but probably just shirts. I'm wanting good quality, luxury, business shirts. What city would be my best option for this? I don't really have experience with either as I've always done this off the rack.

Any help would be appreciated...

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
103 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HK or Bangkok For Tailoring

Honestly speaking many of the tailored shirts/suits in Hong Kong you buy are basically all from Mainland China. So, its about the same if you ask me, it just depends on your tailor's own quality control of the quality they get in Mainland China.

I am not sure about Thailand tho.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,498 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HK or Bangkok For Tailoring

Sure, depends on the tailor. There are good one in HK. Also I saw good feedback about some tailors in BK.

Both also have "not so good" tailors (in other words: complete waste of money). Also depends on you quality expectations.

I would tend to get them done in HK, but read the reviews first.

Quality control is important. Iphone is not too bad quality and it is produced in Shenzhen. From my experience, it is easier to find tailors with a good quality system in HK rather than mainland China, but it again depends on your

expectations and priorities - shirts and suits in SZ are cheaper.

3. Re: HK or Bangkok For Tailoring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 14:11
Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HK or Bangkok For Tailoring

If you look in Sallie army shops there are many suits made in Thailand, abandoned because they are rubbish :-). Use a good tailor in Hong Kong preferably a member of the HKTB's quality assurance scheme. Make sure you read threads about tailors in this forum. Don't bother with those who use touts on the street.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HK or Bangkok For Tailoring

Hi - thanks for your responses. I'm looking for a place where I can get high quality shirts made with good fabric. I usually get shirts from places like Brooks Brothers, Hugo Boss, Pink etc so was wondering if anyone might know of any good quality tailors in this sort of range?

6. Re: HK or Bangkok For Tailoring

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 06:05
7. Re: HK or Bangkok For Tailoring

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 06:05
8. Re: HK or Bangkok For Tailoring

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:16