We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinery for a family

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
163 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Help with itinery for a family

We'll be visiting Hong Kong for the first time, a family with 2 children.

Day 1 - arrive in the evening, staying in Kowloon area

Day 2 - visit the Avenue of the Stars

Star Ferry to Hong Kong island

Ding Ding tram ride?

Visit Victoria Peak

Day 3 - Disneyland

Day 4 - visit Shenzhen

Day 5 - Oceanpark

Day 6 - visit Macau

Day 7 - some shopping

Leave late afternoon

Please help with any suggestions to fine tune our itinery.

Thank you

Various, UK, Aus...
Level Contributor
62 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinery for a family

What is there to fine tune? Other than you will be exhausted by the time you leave!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
163 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with itinery for a family

We are heading to a beach side location after Hong Kong. We plan to relax after being busy for our 6 nights in Hong Kong ;-)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,263 posts
5,504 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with itinery for a family

If you are visiting during the cooler months of the year you can probably pull off the Day 3-6, which is a very busy schedule. If you are visiting during the summer, this is going to be a difficult task to ask of your kids. I would drop the Shenzhen day trip for starters as this is a 'low value' travel experience from Hong Kong in my personal opinion and its not worth feeling exhausted (or miserable) on the Day 5 and 6 as a result of squeezed this into your schedule. Instead consider taking it easy on the day and trying some of HK's very good attractions (see link), markets or temples (see links).

Hong Kong Top Attractions (by area)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23948-What_to_…

Hong Kong’s Best Street Market Scene (Mongkok)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24685-Mongkok_…

Hong Kong’s Top Museums (our favorites)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i32341-Hong_Kon…

Hong Kong’s Top Temples (our favorites)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i25656-Hong_Kon…

Hope this is useful and that you enjoy your trip planning for Hong Kong.

Melbourne, VIC
Level Contributor
368 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with itinery for a family

What time of the year are you going to h.k. hope it is not during school holidays in h.k,as disneyland and ocean park get very busy during theses times we found that out 4 trips ago now we go early sep when they are back at school. Bradjill is right skip shenzen with 2 children it can be a little stressful other-wise look,s o.k. as always enjoy your stay in h.k.

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), India
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with itinery for a family

Don't forget to take in the light and laser show of the Hong Kong Skyline at 8 pm to round off Day 2.

I also suggest that you visit Ngong Ping on Lantau Island. You may not want to do a Buddhist temple with 2 kids. But the cable car ride is great. So you can take the cable car up (25 min) wander around and them take the car down. You can also book this online.

Various, UK, Aus...
Level Contributor
62 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with itinery for a family

What kind of shopping do you want to do on your last day? Citigate outlet mall offers discounted brand and is in Tung Chung which is very near the airport. So if you have to check out of your hotel early, you can check your luggage in for your flight at the airport (or the airport express counters in the city - in which case you'd need to take the airport express to the airport) and then get the S1 bus to Tung Chung for some shopping. Which would allow you to shop for some hours without luggage.

Or you can just go there on the MTR but then you have your luggage with you.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with itinery for a family

I would also suggest to skip Shenzhen day trip as the kids maybe exhausted after Disneyland and have to save energy for ocean park ..unless you got some particular reason for going there ...

8. Re: Help with itinery for a family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:16