We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival day - from airport to Ngong Ping Cable car

Singapore
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Arrival day - from airport to Ngong Ping Cable car

Hi we will be arriving in HKG on Wed about 7am. Was thinking of covering Ngong Ping cable car, big Buddha and citygate straight away since it's nearby. Have checked that there are lockers at Citygate and Tung Chung terminal. However, the jumbo lockers are limited (we have a 30 inch luggage with us). How is the locker usage on weekday (are they mostly full)? Also the exact location of the lockers (which levels, near which shop).

We also need to know if there are any shops or eateries around Tung Chung station that opens around 8am-9am. Because I checked the opening hours at Citygate and CC station are only at 10am. We don't want to hang around at HKG airport from 7am - 9am , rather go elsewhere to walk about and eat.

Lastly, we have to be at the airport at 4.30am Mon morning to catch our flight home. Was wondering if it is easy getting a cab from our hotel at Novotel Nathan (will we be able to flag down a cab along Nathan road or have to get the hotel staff to call us a cab). Are there any surcharge for booking a cab.

Thank you.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
103 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival day - from airport to Ngong Ping Cable car

I personally haven't used the locker services in Tung Chung Citygate but of course this is subject to availability even if you call up the shopping center to ask, they won't give you a sure answer. Tho i would think at around 8am, i doubt will be that busy but again no promises here.

Good idea that you cover that area first because if your hotel is in Novotel, its quite a distance to get there. Perhaps, you can check with the airport and see are there any left luggage but of course that will mean you need to make that extra cost and time to go back to the airport.

Don't worry about breakfast because inside the Citygate Outlet theres McDonalds, Starbucks where you can eat. Alternatively you can be like the locals and go for dim sum at Federal Palace Restaurant where its a typical dim sum restaurant chain that opens at like 7:30am for breakfast. Prices won't be too tourist and more local.

Alternatively, just across the Citygate Outlet theres a more local shopping arcade which there is a bridge walking there which has Super Super Congee and Noodles and Cafe De Coral which again is where most locals eat for breakfast. Cafe De Coral is more of a fast food chain. The shopping arcade next to Citygate Outlet is called Fu Tung Plaza. By the time you get there it'll probably be 8am so places like Cafe De Coral and Super Super Congee can be quite busy.

Catching a cab at 4am could be a lil hard and finding one thats willing to take you to the airport maybe even harder. If you ask me, i would ask the hotel to book you a cab to the airport because rather than you getting stress as some taxi drivers don't usually like going to the airport. Booking a taxi in Hong Kong usually have a booking fee of like HK$5-10 (don't exactly remember how much) and the cost will be approximately HK$250, journey time around 45mins. I doubt there'll be major traffic at 5am in the morning.

As its 4am you want to catch a cab, you might want to grab breakfast nearby. I think near your hotel theres this very famous local "cha chaan teng" called Tsui Wah which is open 24hrs. So, if your up for it grab some breakfast there and then catch the cab back to the airport as the restaurants at the airport are a bit overprice i feel.

Google: cha chaan teng , its something you gotta try in Hong Kong because its everywhere and you can't find it anywhere else in the world even at any Chinatown you'll go.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,673 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival day - from airport to Ngong Ping Cable car

The luggage lockers at Citygate Outlets are located at each of the two basement car park levels which you can access by escalators inside the mall;

http://tinyurl.com/o2ffqo8

Citygate doesn't get busy until after about 11am on weekdays and I would imagine there will be lockers available.

3. Re: Arrival day - from airport to Ngong Ping Cable car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:17