We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good kids friendly hotel near mosque?

1 post
Save Topic
Good kids friendly hotel near mosque?

Hi I and my husband are travelling with our 3 young kids to Hong Kong to visit Disney land. We would like to stay at a good clean and kids friendly hotel at a Muslim area which is near a mosque and muslim food places. My preference is for a hotel near the train station and at a very convenient location to get around to places. Pls do recommend. Tks

Mentioned in this post
Hotel ICON
Hotel ICON
#3 of 728 hotels in Hong Kong
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
#5 of 728 hotels in Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong
#8 of 728 hotels in Hong Kong
Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good kids friendly hotel near mosque?

Hi,

There is large mosque and Islamic Centre in Wanchai area; Ammar Mosque and Osman Ramju Sadick Islamic Centre. They also have halal canteen on 5th floor. I remember there were many hotels from known hotel chains around the area. Just check it's location on google map to make sure.

Various, UK, Aus...
Level Contributor
73 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good kids friendly hotel near mosque?

There are no "muslim areas" in Hong Kong. Various places offer Hallal food and they show signs on their door if they do. WanChai as mentioned in the post above is also the red light district. There are many hotels and many restaurants - it can be very noisy and busy and also some "ladies of the night" so perhaps not as family friendly as you might have hoped. Just google a mosque and look for hotels nearby on Google maps. HK is very small and has excellent transport - you can travel from anywhere to anywhere very easily.

Mentioned in this post
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,899 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good kids friendly hotel near mosque?

The "Ammar Mosque and Osman Ramju Sadick Islamic Centre" mentioned in #1 is on the south side of Hennessy Road. A more residential area with school, swimming pool and sports centres nearby.

The red light district in Wan Chai mentioned in #2 is on the north side of Hennessy Road, typically around Jeffy Road and Lockhart Road.

I also think there is no clear "muslim areas" in Hong Kong. I would imagine muslims living in Hong Kong are scattered and not congregated in a particular district/street.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 21:29
Mentioned in this post
Hong Kong Hennessy Road
Hong Kong Hennessy Road
86 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Wan Chai
Wan Chai
522 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,848 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good kids friendly hotel near mosque?

There is also a large mosque near Tsim Sha Tsui station, outside Kowloon Park. Lots of hotels in the area.

Regarding the "red light" district in Wanchai, I wouldn't be too worried. It's confined to a couple of blocks, and is very tame (on the outside at least) compared to many cities elsewhere. Nobody should be bothering you especially if you are walking in a group as family.

Edited: 11 June 2014, 00:36
Mentioned in this post
Tsim Sha Tsui
Tsim Sha Tsui
1,494 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Kowloon Park
Kowloon Park
1,912 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good kids friendly hotel near mosque?

Hi,

off cuff-can consider Cosmopolitan Hotel,which is then a mere 10-15 minute leisure walk to

Masjid Ammar And Osman Ramju Saddick Islamic Centre, Oi Kwan Road

This hotel provides free WiFi, flexible checkin/out times,and even a free smartphone for your use.

http://www.cosmopolitanhotel.com.hk/

6. Re: Good kids friendly hotel near mosque?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:17