We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong kong in June 2014

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hong kong in June 2014

I could read from many online site that it is the worst month to travel because of rain

What you guys feedback ?

Does it rain heavily so that we cant go out ?

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong kong in June 2014

>> Does it rain heavily so that we cant go out ? <<

It is possible. June is in typhoon season. If/when a typhoon hits, it typically brings heavy rain with high wind. Under those conditions, transportation may be shut down (when typhoon signal #8 is hoisted). Relatively infrequent, if you count the number of days typhoon is hitting HK versus number of normal days. But when it happens, it is high impact.

The weather element is unpredictable in any trip planning.

The driest month in Hong Kong is typically February. And it is also typically the coldest month of the year.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,498 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong kong in June 2014

Can be great, can be bad. You can chec the last couple of years on the HK Observatory website (historical data).

I would go.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,577 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong kong in June 2014

Hello sangeethsg

type 'weather in june' in the search box at the top of this forum page and you will have access to all past discussions on this commonly asked question. This is one of the best ways to pick up travel related information on the tripadvisor forums.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hong kong in June 2014

You may encounter typhoons and heavy rain, but you may also have gorgeous days with clear blue skies and bright white clouds due to southerly high pressure systems. But it will be oh so hot. Umbrellas will be useful against both rain and the scorching sun.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hong kong in June 2014

I'll be there 30Jun-3Jul and have my itinerary all planned. One thing i won't risk is to get ticket before hand just in case bad weather or cannot make it there.

Really hope it is not school holiday during my visit.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hong kong in June 2014

Looks like 1 July is a public holiday...

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hong kong in June 2014

Looks like 1 July is a public holiday...

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,577 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hong kong in June 2014

Yes. 1 July is a public holiday here in Hong Kong!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hong kong in June 2014

July 1st is indeed a public holiday. And it is also a day of protests, as thousands march from Causeway Bay to Central. Roads in the area start to close in the afternoon. You should avoid it, or maybe not if you want to witness Hong Kong style demonstrations, which are quite orderly and non-violent.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hong kong in June 2014

Protest????? Never in my life would expect to see a real protest.. Call me timid..

There is a tour provided by tour package to Aberdeen fishing village, repulse bay and NP360... Do you think the tour company will cancel the trip due to the protest?