We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macau to Hong Kong ferry

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
101 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Macau to Hong Kong ferry

We will be flying into Hong Kong then heading to the skypier and taking the ferry straight to Macau. As a result we won't do immigration in HKG just on arrival in Macau from what I've read. However when our conference is over we have a full day before taking a night flight back from HKG again. We were going to get a ferry into Hong Kong but had 2 questions

1) which ferry has the most central location for spending the day in the city?

2) I'm guessing we will clear immigration when we get off the ferry in Hong Kong , is this right and does it take long?

Thanks

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,509 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macau to Hong Kong ferry

Either in town ferry terminals are convenient for spending the day in the city.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macau to Hong Kong ferry

>> 1) which ferry has the most central location for spending the day in the city? >>

ClaireR:

There are 2 ferry terminals you can sail to from Macau (The SkyPier in HKIA is only when you have an outbound flight at the airport to qualify). You can sail to Sheung Wan (Hong Kong Island), or Tsim Sha Tsui (Kowloon side). Which one to use is the best kind of depends on where you are staying in Hong Kong. Generally sailing to Sheung Wan is more central. But if one is staying in a hotel right at Tsim Sha Tsui or Jordan areas, it would make more sense to sail to Tsim Sha Tsui.

= = = = =

>> 2) I'm guessing we will clear immigration when we get off the ferry in Hong Kong , is this right and does it take long? <<

Yes you need to clear immigration at the ferry pier as you disembark. The process is generally quick. I would imagine about 15 minutes.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Macau to Hong Kong ferry

Hi,

as you will be returning from Macau after the conference there,back to Hong Kong before a night flight out..so, with luggage??? why not arrive into HK Macao ferry terminal,then a stroll to Hong Kong station,purchase the airport express ticket,do your downtown checkin(though depending which airline),then your luggage are handled,and you got your boarding pass,and you have Central to explore,or going over to Tsim Sha Tsui on the Star Ferry across the Victoria harbour.

4. Re: Macau to Hong Kong ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:15