We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traders

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Traders

My wife, who I usually leave to do all this stuff :-) has been looking at Traders club floor. We realise the rooms are small, not too much of a problem – it seems to have a decent gym and a pool. Location not so bad because we don't mind walking. Anything we've missed?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traders

above average 3 stars hotel... The pool is quite small and the club lounge is simple especially compared with the 4-5 stars hotels you have previously talked about... The last time I stayed they only serve mini sausages and packs of crisps as hor d'oeuvres during their 'cocktails' hours and 2-3 hot choices during breakfast. The view is nice if they give you a harbour view... (unless it's in the middle of April / October) it's almost a guarantee to harbour view rooms if you pay for their club rooms

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traders

Thank you VERY much. There is a slight – good-natured – conflict between my wife who wants to save money on hotels and I who want to splurge money on hotels, I suspect so she can spend more in shops I don't know :-). I'd be in the intercontinental if she let me :-). But this is very helpful ammunition and the eternal battle of who gets to stay where – assuming the stupid British passport office can get me my new passport back in time :-). And assuming I can get my permanent residence Visa imprinted upon it :-). It's probably time I became a citizen.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,390 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traders

>>>There is a slight – good-natured – conflict<<<

You are an absolute diplomat GS. Hats off to you.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
866 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traders

Traders is the business brand of Shangri-La. I've stayed at a few and always found themt o be good. No experience with the HK one though.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traders

Thanks OS HK1, the Shangri-La connection was one of the reasons my wife wanted to stay there. But as you say it's a business hotel, and I would like a little bit more luxury I think. :-). KVE1005, LOL I could in fact be just telling the truth you realise :-)? ALL disagreements with my wife are good-natured :-).

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,946 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traders

>> ALL disagreements with my wife are good-natured <<

And we all know who wins the conflicts, *cough* *couch*....disagreements at the end. ;)

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traders

Happy feet – I think I stand a reasonable chance on this one :-). My son is on my side. If I was arguing with my mother – his grandmother – it'd be a certainty :-).

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,390 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traders

>>>I think I stand a reasonable chance on this one :-). My son is on my side<<<

Wait, is this the son you were saying recently, that you wish they'd stay in a separate hotel because he's old enough? As much as I have confidence in you GS, I think I have to side with HappyFeet on this one :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
558 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traders

We stayed at the last week Traders.

Rooms are a good size, beds very comfy, club facility's very good on the 28th floor, plenty of food available, wine ,spirits & beer are gratis between 5.30 and 7.

While pool is not huge being on roof has great views over the harbour.

See my Hotel review.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traders

KVE I'm a little hurt at the lack of confidence in my powers of persuasion. :-(.