We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

i'm staying at the Dorsett Kwun Tong 84 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong,

Kowloon

Is there a shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel or can I catch a train

Roughly how long would it take me

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

(1) You can take airport express to Hong Kong station. Then change MTR (the metro) all the way to Kwun Tong station and take a taxi (you can walk by 8minutes as well from exit A2)

(2) There is shuttle bus provided by hotel from airport express Kowloon station to the hotel. Please find the timetable here.

dorsetthotels.com/mobile/hongkong/kwuntong/d…

For both ways, roughly take around 1 hour

Edited: 21 June 2014, 12:21
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

2 great options I guess it depends on how long it takes to get out of the airport go through customs and picking up luggage taking a small suitcase (which i hope i can take on the plane with me as i'm having an overnight stay in Brunei) and a backpack (which i'm sure i can take on the plane) scheduled to arrive in Hong Kong 1.35pm Wednesday

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

I think I will buy an Octopus card at the airport because I'm sure I'll be taking PT while there

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,179 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

1) You can take a taxi directly to the hotel for around $270. Quickest and most convenient if you have the budget.

2) Airport bus A22 ($39), get off at Kwun Tong Swimming pool and walk to hotel. You will need to go over the ramp-equipped footbridge to cross Kwun Tong Road.

3) The airport express and MTR option requires changing lines 3 times, not too convenient compared to airport bus.

4) Hotel shuttle bus from Kowloon Station would be a good option if you can meet its timing. Otherwise, a taxi from Kowloon Station to Kwun Tong would be around $80 give or take.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

Glacierfed has an excellent point in #4. Airport Express is not a good option for this hotel. You spend a lot of time going in the wrong direction and backtrack.

But I would take a different bus - airport bus A29 (fare HKD $42) and alight at bus stop #14 "Kwun Tong Town Centre, Kwun Tong Road". From there either walk or take a short taxi ride (HKD $22 plus HKD $5 per luggage in the boot). I think this bus will get to Kwun Tong faster because it doesn't do a loop around Hung Hom like A22, and less bus stops in between.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,179 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

I thought about A29, but found that A22 stops a little bit closer to the Dorsett. Also, A22 is a more frequent (20 minutes a bus, vs. 30 minutes for A29). Anyway, either gets you there and you can just take whichever comes first.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

Thanks guys I think i'm going to go with this option it seems the most simpler one

There is shuttle bus provided by hotel from airport express Kowloon station to the hotel

Free shuttle bus service which locates at Kowloon Station. The shuttle bus stops over every hour 8:30am-9:50pm and it would take around 45 minutes to reach the hotel. Therefore, you can take the Airport Express to Kowloon Station and then interchange to the hotel shuttle bus. For your information, the fare for Airport Express to Kowloon Station is HK$90 per person

If its a long wait for the hotel shuttle bus i'll grab a taxi

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

Well, according to the bus schedule linked in #1, the hotel shuttle bus picks up at Kowloon Station at:

10:50

12:20

14:20

15:50

17:20

18:50

20:20

21:50

It's really 1 bus every 1.5 hour. You can have a good estimate if you can catch one of these bus pick-up. The Airport Express takes only 21 minutes to reach Kowloon MTR Station from the airport, with a worst case of 10 minute waiting.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

Happyfeet see reply #2 I get in 1.35pm it depends on if i have my case with me [if i'm allowed] and going through customs and getting an Octopus card at the airport as well

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hong Kong Airport to my hotel

G'day,

OK, just saw a photo of their iPOd dock in the room--so really no worries, your old school iPod will fit..they are still using 30 pin dock connector.

Back to transport--the taxi,and with the taxi card provided in the hotel website will be great -door to door after being long with ground transfer,and also flight close to 10hours,and into different time zone.

Well,I guess,with all the options spelt out..and by the time you bought the Octopus card..you will be just like many Hong Kong people..that have this running thru their head everyday..should I take the MTR, Taxi or ding ding..then what should I eat today..if sandwich..where is the best sandwich..should I drive there,or take PT...then which PT

Seeing you are traveling rather light..I think enjoy the bus ride from HKIA..but what if A22 or A29..see @Glacierfed did the thinking too.

So will see if you have your case on you.

Have a safe and pleasant trip and marvel at the efficiency and the various PT options..which options give more thinking to do..

Well, the bus and train has free WiFi..the taxi does not..another thought for the matter for your Apple devices.