We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Macau

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
Ferry to Macau

I stay at Nathan road and want to go to Macau for a day trip on Wednesday. From what I read, I can take "First Ferry" from Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal at TST.

But, I don't know which ferry terminal in Macau will be the destination. If I am not mistaken there are 2 ferry terminals in Macau: Outer Harbour and Taipa.

From the Wikipedia, it seems I only found TurboJet destination to Taipa, no First Ferry.

Anyone can help?

Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7,909 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Macau

One of the problems of relying on Wiki (or even on TripAdvisor) is that information can be out of date ...

Unfortunately First Ferry is no longer running; now we have the choice of either Turbojet or Cotaijet. The former runs nearly all of its services to the Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal, the latter to Taipa terminal.

The Outer Harbour Terminal is more convenient if you want to explore the historic centre of Macau, and the Taipa one is better for those who want to head directly for the Cotai Strip.

In any case, Macau is so small that it is less than a 10 minute taxi ride between the two ferry terminals.

Edited: 04 July 2014, 16:18
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,516 posts
5,693 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Macau

>>>no First Ferry.<<<<

Not sure which wikipedia link you are looking at but if it refers to a ferry company called First Ferry, it is important to note that all NW First Ferry boats to Macau were acquired by and are operated by TurboJet now.

TurboJet sail to both Macau ferry terminals that you have mentioned. As mentioned, the Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal in Macau is much more convenient if you are wanting to explore the Historic City Centre and World Heritage attractions.

For more accurate information regarding the ferry terminal situation I would point you to the Top Question (FAQ) on the right hand side of this forum [How to visit Macau], the Macau forum here on Tripadvisor (see link)

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g664891-i12409-Mac…

As well as the informative Hong Kong Extras website, which provides a comprehensive description of everything (see link).

http://www.hongkongextras.com/tomacau.html

Good luck with your research and hope you enjoy your day trip to Macau.

Pekanbaru, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Macau

You can take Turbo Jet from Sheung Wan on the blue line ( Tsim Sha Tsui > Central > Sheung Wan (Change from red line to blue line ). After that, just follow the sign to Macau Ferry Terminal. It departs every 15 minutes if i'm not mistaken. After you reach Macau, you can got to the information service to ask about your destination and such. You will arrive at Macau City not Taipa.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,312 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Macau

You can also take TurboJet from China Ferry Terminal in Tsim Sha Tsui, to Macau Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal. This is the service previously operated by First Ferry (Macau) and the timetable and fares are here;

turbojet.com.hk/en/routing-sailing-schedule/…

5. Re: Ferry to Macau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 07:16