We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

club rooms in hotels

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
perth australia
Level Contributor
299 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
club rooms in hotels

Does anyone have any recommendations for club rooms in a hotel at around Aud $300 or below in Kowloon?

Which include drinks, afternoon tea etc..

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,713 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: club rooms in hotels

Marco Polo Hong Kong hotel has a very good club lounge, busy, which is a good sign. A little too busy when I was last there in Oct. A bad club lounge is the one with no people, but many staff, eventually food and drinks quality drop simply because there is no customer, this is more common than good active lounge.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: club rooms in hotels

Your budget is good for most 4 stars hotel and below or even a few 5 stars hotel depends on when you travel... And almost all club rooms including those sort of things. Do you have any more specific criteria you may want to add? Otherwise I'll just list a few 5 stars hotels

Sheraton - 5 stars in down town TST, you may be able to get one during low seasons. Good lounge and plenty of choice... they are not squeamish on the drinks during cocktail hours as well

Royal Plaza - 5 stars in Mongkok, cheaper choice than the Sheraton but also a 5 stars hotel. renounce for the large rooms. you can choose to have breakfast at the restaurants instead of the lounge (not a very common offer) for a much greater selection

Marco Polo Hong Kong - 5 stars in TST. Connected with the best mall in town, the Harbour City. Comfortable lounge... good breakfast selection but so so cocktail.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: club rooms in hotels

>>>Which include drinks, afternoon tea etc..<<<

Just to be specific, most club lounges typically include breakfast, refreshments throughout the day, and evening drinks served with light nibblies. I only mention this to ensure there's no misunderstandings about your wording of 'afternoon tea', as traditional 'Afternoon Tea' isn't served.

perth australia
Level Contributor
299 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: club rooms in hotels

thanks for the suggestions. Royal plaza lists afternoon tea. i take it that means snacks.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,713 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: club rooms in hotels

My recollection of Royal Plaza is about 1 to 1.5 stars less than MP HK, seemed like a family hotel with more SE Asians, located much further inland in Kowloon, very far from the water and HK island, but should be cheaper. Interesting and busy local shopping areas and ladies street market, but far from the center.

6. Re: club rooms in hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:17