We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-Autumn Festival Moon Cakes

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,516 posts
5,695 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-Autumn Festival Moon Cakes

Its almost that time of year again and before the moon cake questions start showing up, I thought I'd start a new thread so we can post updated information about the moon cake situation in Hong Kong.

See this TA Article for all things - mooncake (see link).... and lets get ready for mooncake season.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294217-c211217/Hong-…

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Moon Cakes

Cheers for the link. Will be following this thread!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Moon Cakes

Hi,

Bradjill, this is now where you can make the monies all for yourself..bring WingWah mooncake into Australia..can tell you,you will make good monies..few years back when I was back in Sydney (and also in Northbridge-Perth, a box of Wing Wah mooncakes of the lotus paste with 2 egg yolks variants retails for AUD43.00.

That's is like HKD300...hmm, well that was few years back..as I see WingWah is pricing this variant for only HKD250 over here:- http://www.mooncake.com/select_city.php

Hmm, if you bring over ,13 containers/boxes, within 20kgs free baggage allowance..could still have HKD650 extra monies to spend>>>keen?

BY the way, I get my boxes of mooncakes from Kowloon Hotel...or rather my colleagues does the ordering on my behalf for delivery to my friends and business associates/partners in HK. Will not be in HK on the day. Still in Australia or Auckland,and possibly in Greymouth (still seeing,imagine, my teenage penfriend..those were the days without internet..we write letters..and we meet a pen friend,and we have keeping in touch.

Had also asked some friends to keep some of Wang Yue's mini custard mooncakes for me when I return..I hope they still remain my friends and not eaten them.

On side note...who is collecting Wing Wah tins and all those moon cakes boxes..? Back in our KL home, last three months ago, we recycle close to twenty tins/boxes.

Frankly,without the box, no printing on packaging...and no logo on pastry...no one knows..until you slice it..first sign of quality,then smell, then nibble.....then palate psychology- HKD70 for one..must be good la...eat eat...once a year only mah.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,516 posts
5,695 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Moon Cakes

Linking to present question on the forum about where to buy mooncakes in Causeway Bay (see link).

tripadvisor.com/…60634957

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,516 posts
5,695 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Moon Cakes

So far this season we've have been very pleased with the Taipan snowy mooncakes! Haven't cared that much for the Starbucks mooncakes sampled and will be seeking out Mrs Field Chocolate mooncakes over the weekend. They had some surprisingly yummy ones last year.

Kee Wah mooncakes have been expectedly very good, those we have tried in both HK and Macau.

sydney
Level Contributor
26 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Moon Cakes

Is it a stream of consciousness?

6. Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Moon Cakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 15:07
7. Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Moon Cakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 06:17