We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Panorama by Rhombus-Room types

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Panorama by Rhombus-Room types

Hi All

I think I'm almost settled on this hotel, but I'm not sure about room type.Can anyone who's stayed there help me with what type of shower is in what room type? I can't quite work it out from the photos and the response from the hotel completely missed the point.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a rain shower in any of the pictures, but some do have a separate shower cubicle (ie not over bath). Anyone able to help me with what room type has a separate shower as an option?

Thanks

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Panorama by Rhombus-Room types

I have browsed through some of those photos. Here is my guess:

As far as I can tell there are 3 types of bathroom arrangements.

#1) Looks like if you have an executive suite, you will have a bath tub at the window (L-shape corner) overlooking the view. There is a flexible shower head/hose and you can hook it up on the wall.

#2) A stand-in only shower with glass door. Flexible shower head/hose, can hook it up on the wall and with height adjustments. No bath tub.

#3) [Looks like the standard room] A bath tub with flexible shower head/hose, can hook it up on the wall but no height adjustment.

My conclusion is it seems all room types have shower, but not necessarily the bath tub.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 00:17
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Panorama by Rhombus-Room types

G'day,

just inform the hotel, which is your preference.

Always when in such dilemma or to make decision...call the hotel's rooms division manager /executive.

See that you had established contact,but they missed the point..reach Robert..that's Mr Lemkay for you..this bubbly guy has Malaysian in him too..but is from Canada..haha.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 04:36
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Panorama by Rhombus-Room types

Or another person I know,when he was just the Bell Captain at Intercontinental Grand Stanford,and he has moved on to Hotel Panorama..the Chief Concierge-Brian.

We have been in touch over the years (the person I reach to when I feel like eating this and where to go or any new found eating place,then I asked him if he and his family have time to join me and wife)..he is now even a member of the Society of the Golden Keys of Hong Kong.

If you like I can call them on your behalf..though I will be like you..calling from Australia also..out of HK at this moment..still cheap to call HK from Australia.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 04:45
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Panorama by Rhombus-Room types

Thank you for your help and kind offer.

We've made a decision and booked a club executive harbourview and requested a separate shower. It's just a preference, not essential, so we'll be fine.

So our flights and accommodation are now booked, I'll be back when I start on our itinerary :-)

5. Re: Hotel Panorama by Rhombus-Room types

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:16