We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do I get to Macau from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
how do I get to Macau from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

I will be arriving on cruise ship to new cruise terminal and want to go to Macau for the day. What would be the easiest way to get there? Can you catch a hydrofoil from terminal to Macau???

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,793 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do I get to Macau from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

No you'll have to go to another ferry terminal to catch a ferry to Macau. Under Top questions on the right side of this page you see an item "How to visit Macau". That should answer your question.

USA
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do I get to Macau from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

Thank you for your prompt response, but those articles are in regard to getting to Macau from the airport...I will be on a cruise ship that will be docked in new terminal overnight.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,049 posts
5,331 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how do I get to Macau from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

The first entry in the 'How to Visit Macau' FAQ is for all terminals. Also the SkyPier to Macau article you are referring to has information about the two HK based ferry terminals as well as links to the ferry companies and schedules if you read through it.

From the new cruise ferry terminal, you will probably be best taking a taxi to either of the two ferry terminals in Hong Kong for the trip over. Travel time to/from Macau will be 3-4 hours including immigration processing on both sides.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,793 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how do I get to Macau from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

OK sorry. You need to take a taxi from the cruise terminal to the China Ferry Terminal in Tsim Sha Tsui (TST). This is the closest HK Macau ferry terminal to the cruise port. Ferries run every 30 minutes in the day time. Tickets are betwee HKD $133 to $175. There is another ferry terminal on the HK Island side.

Same day ferry tickets may be sold out, depending on what day of the week. So if you can pre-book tickets then you should do so.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,049 posts
5,331 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how do I get to Macau from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

Just note that ferry service at the China Ferry Terminal in TST starts at 7am and runs until midnight. This is fine for most daytrippers. However, if you are wanting to make your way to Macau earlier or come back to Hong Kong after midnight, you will need to use the Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal in Sheung Wan (HK Island).

USA
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how do I get to Macau from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

Thank you for the additional info.

USA
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how do I get to Macau from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

Thank you so much for all the great info. It is very helpful

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,049 posts
5,331 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how do I get to Macau from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

Enjoy your cruise and time in HK and Macau.

9. Re: how do I get to Macau from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 07:16